What chassis to buy in combination with rotax max

Any experiance with UniPro laptimers ?

Nope, never seen one here

I would go with birelart. Its just bcs i have a good relationship with a birelart dealer. And unipro is i heard is a lot simililar with aim racestudio.

Curious on how you reached the conclusion that the Rotax had a low cost for maintenance. It is a strong and reliable engine but parts are expensive. A new engine is pricey. A used motor may need a complete rebuild as well as upgrades to make it through tech.

What engine has the same power or more, also every 50 hours maintenance ?

Alright, here is another question a bit deeper into the history of CRG chassis for Rotax Max.

Does anyone know a list of chassis model names / homologations?

CRG PRESENTS THE NEW FIA HOMOLOGATED CHASSIS | CRG Kart This was the most recent homologation from CRG

If you are not going to do highly competitive racing get whatever you find cheaper and whatever most people in your local track have experience setting up. Usually OTK is a good starting point (easy to setup and drive). In “casual” racing there will not be a big difference between chassis anyways.

good evening , i hope this helps you a bit .

2 Likes

Many thanks for all the answers so far. I must say it is difficult to find exact information about CRG chassis names and numbers / years.

As far as i can find the HERON is latest chassis for rotax max senior automatic.

But my budget is not that high, so i think i will go for approx. 2016 chassis.

Does anyone know the name of the chassis that was made in that year?

KT2 I believe (20 char)

Heron is a shifter chassis i believe, with CRG you want probably a KT2, KT4, or KT5. The difference being how stiff each chassis is.

1 Like

KT2 is that the latest from 2020 and now on?

CRG, has like 5 current models with homologation.

Road Rebel, KT2, KT4, KT5, Heron

All varying tubes and I think RR and Heron are shifter chassis

1 Like

What stiffness type do you think is best for track days, for the long run?

Prettymuch any 30mm rail chassis from a known brand is going to be sufficient to start off with.

Test days or racing is not going to make a difference, although tires may sway the chassis model one way or the other.

Don’t overthink it. Find something supported locally that’s running a Rotax in the same class, same tires and start turning laps.

3 Likes

Just got email from CRG. Road rebel is shifter. Heron was for mini.

Another question i have. With a weight of 95KG , i think it is best to go for 32mm frame (stronger) ??

What do you recommend?

not necessarily. On modern chassis, 30mm seems to be a sweet spot, like James said. 32 may end up being too stiff and coupled with higher weight of the driver create way too much load and hop like a bunny. If this is your first kart, get a good used 30mm.

If you find a chassis that has front brakes and it’s a good deal, get it anyways. You can run it with all brakes, move the bias all the way to the rear or deactivate the fronts altogether (takes 1 minute) if you want to run rears only or race local/club. With the added bonus that in the future you can use it for a shifter, should you decide to try that route.

Stick to a major brand common in your area and you’ll be happy!

Heron is shifter, Hero is mini.

Found a link to all the CRG chassis homologation list: