Who did you use to finance your cargo trailer?

I sort of grew up with same opinion. Since then I have realized what a terrible investment a house is. My mind now is buy the house I want to live in. No less, and definitely no more. Invest money in stocks or some other area

Removed (20 characters)

See below. Dang quote button.

Right!? :rofl: (20 Characters)

1 Like

There’s a documentary series called Dirty Money on Netflix, one of the them is about this guy. The VW Dieselgate is another interesting watch.

1 Like

Dinner with racers inspired “drinks with karters” when it was a thing…

1 Like

I am guessing that car racing in the Florida area was awash with cocaine money. They say the Miami skyline was built on it.

1 Like

“The joke in the ‘80s was that IMSA (the premier sanctioning body of American sports-car racing) stood for International Marijuana Smugglers Association. It was funny because it was true…”

Road and Track’s Daniel Pund did a story back in 2020:

No idea what mortgage rates are like in the USA, but up here in Canada I just refinanced one of my houses at 2% with a home equity line of credit that I can use and pay back freely.

The scams out there are super interesting. Scott tucker was local to me in KC and most of us in the car/racing world knew him. Seeing the collection at auction was wild.

Randy Laniers story is pretty insane. Watch his Netflix episode and listen to dinner with racers episode.

2 Likes

Pilots would like a word with you. :moneybag: :money_with_wings: :laughing:

1 Like

You guys seen the prices of GPUs?

The real racing poverty can be found in sim racing these days.

1 Like

Scalping is crazy, desperately needed to upgrade my 1080ti, great card but wasn’t cutting it on iracing with triple monitors, waited 1 year after the release of the 30 series cards to try to see if the price would go down, in the end I ended up just paying over double for a 3080ti I’m really amazed prices are still so high, I know the chips shortages and all but I thought they would at least go down a couple hundred or so.

I think it’s Bitcoin and the like more than covid supply issues

Pure sociopath. No moral compass. Netflix documentary on him is very interesting. I got to know him when he was racing in the Ferrari Challenge. Comes across as a really nice guy. Needless to say, he bent / broke the rules in the Challenge too.

1 Like

@Deanbert this is why I sold my airplane and got into karting. LOL. Though I’m honestly not sure which is cheaper at this point. :wink: