Yet another new Dad thread

Thanks for coming back and keeping us updated! Glad you got to the track before the season is out

Keep plugging. It gets smoother. The first few race weekends are a blur of trying to figure it all out.

Just going to be practicing for remainder of the year and into early next year.

Good note on the step from indoor to outdoor. I think a lot of people underestimate the challenge of that step up, even into an entry-level kart like a 206.

Glad to hear the day ended well, sounds like the bug has bitten you guys!

He finally realized even though he has studied racing for a good majority of his life, putting that knowledge to use is a whole other animal.
You know its real when this is the first time you have had buttery flies and your heart is racing, but working through that to relax was also a good thing to go through.

1 Like

Love reading posts like this! Reminds me of our early years. It’s so much fun to do as a family - enjoy this time as you’ll look back on them as your best days in karting years down the road. All about keeping it in perspective and nibbling away at it one corner or one skill set at a time.

Best advice I can think of is start off from the get go that this is a team sport and you guys are working together - everyone will have good days and bad days, good decisions and bad ones. But you never throw your teammate under the bus - win as a team, lose as a team always.

2 Likes