2011 Top Kart Flash Rotax Builds

I was given two 2011 Top Kart Flash Rotax karts that had not been used for at least 7 years. They looked pretty rough when I got them. The best looking one of the two I just did the bare minimum to get it running so I could go out for practice days. I will come back and strip that one completely when I get the other one built up.
The second one looks like it has had a rough life. The side pods were bent upwards on both sides and the rear bumper was bent and had been repaired at some point. I have stripped this one completely and checked the frame for straightness and it is actually ok. Frame is now at the powder coaters. The engine I am going to give an overhaul but there is something strange on the crankcase, where there should be what I think was a blanking plug someone has done a bodge with a piece of all thread and a nut and washers. Not sure what I will find behind that lot!
I will be spending a bit of time on the Top Kart website ordering parts! I know I need a fuel tank for sure and brake parts.
I’ll update the post as I proceed with the builds.

2 Likes

Picked up the chassis from the powder coaters today. It is blue candy chrome, looks more bling in person :sunglasses: Now the fun part building it back up.

3 Likes

Nice look. Metallic flake is always awesome.

1 Like

Cleeaannnn. Excited to see how it turns out when put back together.

1 Like

Coming along nicely. Think I’m going to get a full width metal back bumper though.

3 Likes

A little more progress.

5 Likes

Looking good! Nice work.

Got the rebuilt engine back from Empire Karts and reinstalled. Getting closer!

3 Likes

New chain guard finished! Nearly there :blush:

3 Likes

Well the first Top Kart resto is more or less done now. Just need to finish lock wiring and get an Li battery then for a test drive. The other one is usable just looks a bit tatty, I’ll do the resto on that one next winter.

2 Likes

Nice work and what a fleet!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m trying to give the motorcycles up but can’t seem to let go. I’d like to just have the karts and bicycles at some point.

Great work . Im enjoy the ride ! A dream garage you got there ! Keep going and i wish you a ton of fun .

1 Like