2020 uspks carolina grand prix at go pro motorplex

the 2020 uspks carolina grand prix at go pro motorplex is happening in a week is.anyone else going?

1 Like

We’ll be there. Ben Maier in Swift

1 Like

I’ll be there running KA100 Senior

1 Like

nice i will also be there running ka100 jn

We won’t be there unfortunately, but will have several friends there running Micro, Mini, and both Junior (X30 and KA100) classes.

Good luck to all that are running.

2 Likes

Tuning/coaching for Lemke in X30 Pro and KA Sr.

1 Like

Would anyone be interested in lifting/starting for me on either of the practice days? I’m hoping I can make it to this one, but I can only find someone for the 2 race days so far. I’d be willing to pay for the help.

1 Like

Do the pro guys usually run a couple classes?

1 Like

it tink most of the pro guys who are fighting for the championship only one run class so they can focus on the championship but i could be wrong

Less common now, but some guys do it. Used to be a more common thing. I ran 6 classes at WKA in Daytona the one year.

1 Like

Lol could you walk afterwards? How the heck did you drive home?

1 Like

and 3 classes is to much for me

I slept reeeeeallly well on the ride home, that’s for sure.

WKA Manufacturer’s Cup’s class structure just happened to allow you to run 6 classes on 3 karts that year. I ran Yamaha Supercan Light, Yamaha Supercan Heavy, Komet Light, Komet Heavy, Rotax Sr. and TAG.

I won Komet Heavy and Yamaha Supercan Light, was 4th in Komet Light, 18th in Yamaha Supercan Heavy, 8th in Rotax, and 14th in TAG.

It was fun but way too much work to do the whole season. Now with the pared down class structures where there aren’t 15 different classes in a day, it would be tough to manage more than two in a weekend.

1 Like

I tried once to run master and senior at ETown and it was just too stressful! I can’t imagine 6 classes.

2 Likes

Won’t be turning laps unfortunately since it would be my 3rd-4th race back in karts. Don’t want to pay $400 entry fee to be a moving chicane compared to the fast guys. :grin: I’ll be there to watch and learn for sure.

1 Like

ya the entry fee is a lot

Go luck bud! I figure it’s going to be a mad house. Track was even packed last Thursday a week in advance.

1 Like

thanks i was there last saturday while it was poring rain and there was still a good amount of people for a rainy practice day

Don’t forget the gopro!

1 Like

with a 30+ ka100jn there will be a lot of on track action so the go pro will be vital