2021- L0206 Kart List (by $$$)

i got my first kart form them when i was 11 and when i got my ka it had a sn restrictior and no weights other than that they did a good job just a bit rushed

1 Like

Dom, tell me more about the Margay deal you got and how you found it?

Shoot margay an email and they can give you a list of what is coming up. They do arrive and drives at the big events, if the driver is not buying it afterwards then they sell them as one race old used karts.

Bob,
The margay came about from looking into OVRP for the season. I had
been hoping to find an alternative to TAG (f-series) but better than rental racing.

I called to inquire about it and he told me that they were heading down to Daytona for a race and that they would sell the karts after the race.

So, I voiced a desire to acquire one.

Exactly as @Sleek98 describes.

Oh, and money sent. Maggie is mine!

I wanted to clean up this list a little and update prices with what I’ve found from some quick searching. I have direct links for where to buy each one and each comes as a rolling chassis.

CRG FS4 - $3,250
VLR Emerald - $3,337
Top Kart Karter (economy model) - $3,100 (This model is no longer available on the Top Kart USA website, so I am not 100% sure if it is still being produced)
Top Kart SR30.2 - $4,735
Italkart Quattro - $4,375
BirelART AM29 - $3,495
OTK STV 450 - $3,995
Praga Dark - $2,500
DR Tork - $2,995
Kart Republic 4-Stroke - Price unknown yet
Margay Brava 206 - $3,795
Margay Ignite K3 - $3,295
Nitro Lefty - $3,995
CKR Stingray $3,995
MGM Espionage - $3,995
Ionic Edge - $2,400
Comet Eagle - $2,900
Race Factory Sportsman - $3,995
Compkart Covert 4R - $3,395

I am not going to recommend or turn anyone away from a specific chassis brand, but I would tell each person looking for a chassis, just like every other time this question is asked, to find a shop local to them and work through them. I also do not recommend anyone to buy a new chassis as their first, or even second or third, kart. Find something used and race that. You will crash, probably a lot like I did, and break a lot of things. Better to break used equipment than brand new stuff.

My first kart wasn’t even the brand that was sold at my local shop, but they had parts for me that I could use. I spent a few years developing a relationship with them, getting most race services done through them, and eventually got a good deal on a brand new kart from them after a few years when I was ready.

2 Likes

Race Factory Sportsman $3995

3 Likes

You could add the Compkart 4R to this list to. List is $3395

2 Likes

Have you received the kart yet? Just curious if they are as stock as the Margay website shows new Ignites or do they change them in anyway?

Have not taken ownership yet. Gonna store it at the track. Probably go see it next weekend. I’ll take a pic.