2022 Formula 1 Season: Official Discussion Thread

The nose is very high, probably to get more air into that floor. Still looks pretty high up

Yeah I think the nose is working more as a flow conditioner to the floor rather than generating downforce. I think Gary Anderson noted the front flap of the wing is detached and shallow and actually at a reverse angle of attack, so it’s directing air down to the floor.

The high front wing will take a little getting used to.

Let’s go attack some kerbs, Seb.

1 Like

with sllicks

2 Likes
1 Like

That guy works at the same place as my wife. He’s from Madison, WI.

He LOOKS like he’s from Wisconsin.

Let’s put him in a formula car and see what happens!

He might fit in the Haas better than the Aston.

Wait sec. we are looking at the driver pod, yes? Are Nikita and Schumacher little guys compared to Aston drivers? Looks like the Aston is bigger.

I was jokingly referring to the bulbous side pods on the Haas being more conducive to a husky Midwest man’s frame…

The cockpit is the same size, the scale/lens angle is slightly off in the comparison photo.

1 Like

Perhaps curling benefits from a more Dad bod.

The Race seems to be popping out good videos fast. That first plane of the front wing is used as a conditioner for the floor with the majority of the downforce provided by the second plane.

3 Likes

McLaren is out. Their sidepod packaging looks halfway between Haas and Aston.

New livery is certainly less corporate. The blue number on the papaya background is painful to look at.

1 Like

Tjs graphic design instincts are triggered. Vibrating colors? Wtf folks.

I like it other than that. The blue could be a little more saturated for contrast, but I think they saw how much fans like the Gulf livery last year so they took a step toward that color palette.

3 Likes

I have a theory, I don’t think the mclarens front wheels could turn in its current configuration. The wheels would hit the front wing.

That’s a good catch. I can’t figure it out.

I think it’s just the perspective/lens of the camera.

The Race Mclaren launch is up

1 Like