2023 SKUSA Winter Series Homestead-Miami 2 | Official Thread

I enjoyed watching Kart Chaser this weekend as it got the karting juices going for me since we have to sit all winter here in Wisconsin!

My 1 small suggestion . . . please don’t cut away to 1st place crossing the finish line with a 5 second gap when 2nd-5th are in a tight battle on the last few corners. We miss some great battles and pass attempts when that happens. Maybe a side by side like you do with the interviews?

That’s winners privilege. If winning didn’t come with extra attention and prestige why try to win?

Alan-

I agree, to a point. But in racing, like all sports, people want to see the battle, not the blowout. That’s why I suggested a side-by-side if possible.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking Xander or KC; they do a great job with these events and keep getting better at what they do!

Been back and forth on this personally, but you’re the first one to mention it from the outside – I appreciate the insight!

As Alan said, definitely the winner’s privilege. If I could run an additional camera next to our flagship one in the finish sector I would. May do something like that at SuperNats where the budget gives me more wiggle room than just 3-4 on track cameras in total.

I don’t have a solution yet, but working on it. Definitely could set up side by sides for the 3 cameras we do have at least.

Yes and no. If 1st to 28th is evenly gapped do people want to see the battle for 29th prioritised? The ‘win’ is the emotional pay off and considering that’s the name of the game should be given weight and priority, and dominate said coverage. I think a side by side would be too much, maybe a box for the other battle going on, but the winner should be elevated above the rest in my view. It has to be considered that this might be the only time the ‘winner’ is shown, especially if they dominated the race.

Xander-

Thank you for all you do for karting. I look forward to watching the next event you stream!

1 Like

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

1 Like

That feels good to hear. I think the competition level in the national scene here in the States has gone up quite a bit in the past 10 years. It certainly feels tougher now than it did a decade ago, and it isn’t just my old bones making it feel that way.

1 Like

When Joe arrives back in Europe.

4 Likes

Final pieces of content from the weekend dropped today. Had some fun with the drivers making both the race remix and Mic’ing them up!

1 Like