2023 USPKS Orlando | Official Thread

I get why the teams wouldn’t be happy about this publicity (although you’d be surprised how many driver’s dad’s would be happy to place their kid at a known cheating team to assist in success) but why would the series be unhappy about it?

They caught people, thats exactly their job. They succeeded.

If you start talking about the teams and drivers and they refuse to participate in your streams, thats their loss not yours. Make a joke of it. Humour is the best way to break down an ego. I don’t remember caring that Verstappen wasn’t on DTS for a year.

1 Like

I really just don’t get it. I guess if racing for $, that changes things. However, cheating for plastic trophies seems hella dumb.

1 Like

I believe the big teams are playing for real money. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.

5 Likes

IAME X30 Pro: 1st – $5,000; 2nd – $2,500; 3rd – $1,250 (minimum 30 entries to qualify)

IAME X30 Pro Junior: 1st – $2,500; 2nd – $1,500; 3rd – $750 (minimum 30 entries to qualify)

Pro Shifter: 1st – $2,500; 2nd – $1,500; 3rd – $750 (minimum 20 entries to qualify)

3 Likes

Winning is winning no matter what the prize is.

Plus as noted, these guys have big teams relying on them to sell karts by winning races.

But yeah blatant cheating is weak.

2 Likes

All the guys above me hit the nail on the head.

Ton of pressure put on these ‘sponsored’ guys to perform also, as they know firsthand from when they used to foot the bill, how big that bill really is. Same with the mechanics that get to work for the big teams, engine builders, etc. At the top level of our sport, it can be just as cutthroat as all other forms of racing.

Everyone only remembers your last race. And if you can’t win, you’re gonna be on the chopping block as soon as a replacement is made available. Sometimes even if there’s no replacement – the team can just pull the backing.

Not to mention the obvious of the time commitment and overall dedication to winning as well as the potential cash up for winning the mains.

1 Like

It makes me wonder who made the call, and how the team reacted to the outcome. I’d be surprised if it was PSL that made the decision, as there is too much at stake for a big team like that to be cast in a bad light. I’ve worked for drivers under PSL’s tent, and never witnessed anything outside of the rules.

You guys can pretend to take the high road… I would try to kick my bumper out with $5k on the line.

4 Likes