206 juniors compkart

Post your setup. Track widths, axle, all of it.

2020 Track Champion on a 4R here. 90% of the time on a 4R you need to get rid of grip.

1 Like

Matthew probably will be able to help you most directly. Would also reach out to the CompKart dealer local to you to ask for some setup help.

If the kart doesn’t have noticeable understeer or oversteer and it feels relatively “good”, it’s very likely it’s bound up and you need to help it release off the corner better.

Without an onboard footage it is going to be hard to help you.

On that particular turn you are late on throttle

1 Like

We have an 4R we’ve found some setups and did some practice and set blistering lap times like 46 flats

I’m going to judge based on only the evidence you have given, so take this however you want.

Trying not to be rude, I think you need to run lots of practice laps and work on driving. I’m gonna assume by your comments that you are fairly new and just getting started. The video you posted of Wilmington, you entered way too early, apexed too soon, and almost drove off the track on exit. Need to work on later entry, later apex, and smoother exit. I would assume that is probably true at G&J as well. That track lends itself well to late apex and smooth hands.

FWIW, I would drop a few teeth there too. That sure sounds like limiter (quick check of the tach could confirm) and you dont need to be on the limiter that much in a Yellow slide. Clean the carb and make sure you are getting maximum opening for your slide. Other than that, the engine doesnt determine much in junior racing. If you are still getting beat down the straightaways, it is definitely driving and/or super tight chassis.

1 Like