206 slide restrictors

So you have 2 different cadet restrictors, interesting. We do that at our local club because we have a novice cadet class. At the regional series we only have the one cadet 206 class.

Seems like the Canadians got it figured out. Gradually faster.

2 Likes

I feel like at this point 206 Cadet needs to be broken up into two classes, similar to Mini and Micro Rok/Swift/Rotax. Have a lighter class with less power, and a heavier class with a little larger slide.

Cadet needs to be slowed down in general as well though, even in CKNA the Cadets are just as fast as the seniors. Probably put the cadets on the red slide, and leave everything else at the minimum. We’d still be able to run a 240 lbs. class on the purple slide too, to break up the classes and give a better transition from kid karts to full cadet, like 3 hole vs. 4 hole Yamaha back when that was a thing.

1 Like

I agree. I have a kid karter now who does just fine. He’s not setting the world on fire, but we are thinking about whats next. However, the thought of sending him directly from the slowest class to the fastest class is nuts.

Red slide in between and split the age groups in half? Seems like most tracks (and definitely CKNA) have enough cadets to split it up like that.

1 Like

Is there anything special you need to do to change a black slide to green slide? Someone mentioned in passing that there might be something special I need to to do, and not just swap in the green one for the black one?

You need to use a gage to set the max opening, usually a drill bit of appropriate diameter, and you’ll likely also need the locking cap for a green slide.

To get the most performance yeah you want to check the opening of the green slide with the proper gauge. Just getting started and for practice you’ll be fine with just swapping. Probably have to mess with the air and idle screws a bit. For competition you will need the locking cap.

It’ll run ok just swapping them out for practice. When you and your driver areready for peak performance, you will want to machine the cap to get max opening like stated above. Also, you will need to tune the carb. In most general terms, you are going to be getting less air so you need less fuel.

1 Like

Locking cap I already have, what is the proper opening measurement for a green slide?

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZiSNTb9efmHGStv36