A year ago today... this is what I was doing (racing). You?

My only concern is that we don’t actually know which NEK is equivalent to the same Tillet. On the DR, the Silver Tillet is like magical for the MG tires, but we didn’t know if there’s even an NEK that’s comparable. I’d rather have the consistency of knowing which seat does what, and that’s usually whatever seat the Manufacturer recommends.

That was just my general issue with the DR, there were a lot of unknowns with the chassis regarding setup like seat, floortrays, axles, etc. We could make the kart fast at times, but it was never really consistent. What worked on one track was way out of range for the other, whereas a Merlin or OTK, it was pretty much the same setup save for tire pressures and a little front end geometry stuff.

I was at CalSpeed testing AMV wheels with FormulaWorks and getting ready for the 2019 USPKS series and Gearup F-Series.

And you were q2? Nice! Where is home track? Interesting hubs.

Well, a little slight of hand. I filtered by fastest race lap so – p4 with 2nd fastest lap.

Home track – I don’t have one. I don’t like E-town, have not been to OVRP in years but will probably go this year. NJMP – too far. I just race the F Series Gearup and hopefully the USPKS this year if the economy and my work bounce back.

Wheels are AMV Tigers. I can tell you all about them. I am the distributor for the east coast so I will have read the sites rules first though.

I was working on getting (rental) Karting on ice going. As things transpired it didn’t work out, but now I know what not to do :joy:

Hopefully we can return to some form of normalcy by next winter.

Has your daughter expressed interest beyond casual lapping with dad?

Cool. Have we raced? I dont think I’ve seen you in club and I haven’t done gearup. If it’s kosher, what do you like about your hubs?

Dom, I don’t believe we have raced together. I only do Gearup. I let Bonanno win the state series races :wink:

As for the wheels I think it is fair to say – I found with the Tigers the corner exit grip to be quite good on tracks with low to medium grip. They seem to suit my driving style. There are other styles of wheels for higher grip applications.

Its just an Automotive Dyno but works great for karts extremely accurate because your spinning a 3,000lbs drum. However, don’t expect clutches to last long we run dyno only clutches. They do have an option for a self starting drum so you can run sprint cars which would also work for karts I imagine that don’t have the 420cc torque.