Alfano 6 1T: Can it accept two temp sensors if using their spliiter?

I have the 1T setup for H2O temp. I see Alfano has a splitter which makes me think it would work. Can the 1T see both H2O temp and EGT if using the splitter?

I sent the following to Alfano nine days ago.

Dear Alfano Product Rep,

Please let me know (verify) if it is possible to configure the Alfano 6 1T with two temperature input sensors for water and exhaust gas respectively. ie Can I use the Alfano 6 1T with the A2190 splitter AND the A2158 EGT sensor AND A2101 sensors?

Will the Alfano 6 1T display both temperatures automatically / simultaneously? Is there any setup / configuration needed?

I already have the A2101 water temp sensor configured with an A3301 extension for the water temp sensor.

Thank you!
Tim

so far no response from Alfano…crickets.

You need the 2T model AND the splitter for two temps.

1 Like

I think you’d be able to use one of the expansion boxes, but those are darn near as much as a whole unit. Unless you want to add extra sensors and such too, then it would make sense.

1 Like

Unpossible because the main unit still needs to have 2 internal channels for processing 2 temp inputs. An expansion (coprocessing) module is for additional functions not in the main.

1 Like

The 12 port expansion allows for 4 temps when plugged into a standard Alfano 6 so I’m not sure that’s actually the case. I don’t know for certain, but it stands to reason.

1 Like

While that’s certainly plausible, I think that’s a bit presumptive without knowing the details of the circuitry.

Alfano does sell a 2 channel splitter made for dual speed sensor input. I’m betting they wouldn’t sell something that competes with their 2T unit.

The Alfano Light “1T” doesn’t even work with the expansion pack. You need a 2T to do that. So, in short, no. It will not work.

1 Like

Well Tim, what did you find out from Alfano? Were the folks here correct that it wouldn’t work?

Not to hi-jack this thread, but FYI - Alfano increased their MSRP prices $100 (and dealer price almost that much). I think you will see a drop in popularity now that there is finally traction on the Mychron mobile app and the price is pretty much the same between Alfano and Mychron.

It is very disheartening to me as a dealer as I think Alfano had a good product at a great price point that helped our business stay afloat during the Briggs engine shortage.

1 Like

Was that on both models (1T and 2T) where the price was raised? I checked Palmetto and they are charging $390 for the 1T which is what I paid for mine a year ago. With the chip shortage and supply chain issues, I thought the price might jump, and I was kinda shocked that it didn’t.

I think if Alfano wants to compete with MyChron, they are foulish to raise the price here. In Europe where they are more popular, sure. But not here were Mychron has such a STRONG market share.

I think Alfano is stepping over a dollar just to pick up a dime, at least for the US market. That being said, I absolutely love my Alfano, I think its fantastic!

I’d like to pick up a 2T when I run my X-30 in mid 2022.

All models. Get it fast before folks raise prices. That 1T price is the old price.

After reading this, I just popped for the Alfano 6 2T with the 3 sensor pack for $575. Prior to the price increase, retail was $775 so thats a screaming deal. I had been watching it on eBay for a while, figured I better do it now. I’ll put my 1T on my daughters new Lo206 kart.

1 Like

FYI, Alfano temp readings are… Sluggish…

1 Like

I have not seen that to be true, the only issue I’ve had with Alfano is breaking a new EGT sensor too quickly. However, I used to have the same issue with Mychron EGT sensors too, they just don’t hold up well to the vibration karts have. I certainly won’t be going back to a Mychron, love my Alfano.

2 Likes

Hello Guys. I bought the new Alfano 6 2T. At the same time i order the exhaust sensor standard. Now i realize that exist another professional one. Next the ref:

A2151 professional exhaust probe or A2158 standard exhaust probe.

Can you explain me the main different between them?

Thks

The main difference is in the probe connector. The pro has a grommet and more flexible wire. The standard has a longer “stiff section”. Most folks tend to lean toward the pro, but I have no experience to decide which is better or if the pro is worth it. I believe @CrocIndy has used them both. He can prolly answer better.

Get the pro EGT sensor. You’ll hate your life if you don’t.

2 Likes

can you clarify? Thks

The long stiff section on the cheaper one makes it way more of a pain to manipulate the pipe when you’re changing gears and that kind of thing. I’ve also had a couple break from fatigue.