Alguersuari returning to karting

https://www.motorsport.com/kart/news/jaime-alguersuari-race-return-karts/6240546/

Pretty cool. From his words it seems he totally gets this karting thing.

1 Like

ā€œThe Spaniard now works as a professional musician under the stage name Squire, but has been testing karts to fill time during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has left him unable to tour or perform at festivals.ā€

Heā€™s a rock star and a race driver. Double threat!

ā€œIā€™ve been testing go-karts and having sensations that I didnā€™t feel for a very long time," he saidā€¦ "When I started racing, I was smiling inside the helmet and it was just driving for pure loveā€¦ "Now when Iā€™m back on a go-kart, I have the same feelings and I thought, ā€˜Why shouldnā€™t I be back in a situation where Iā€™m competitive and I feel like inspiration back to my life?

Indeed.

I for one am thrilled to see someone decide to go ā€œbackwardsā€, particularly a Euro. Iā€™d love to see more pro car drivers competing alongside their more specialized pro kart colleagues. I see this as a great way for car guys to sharpen their game. Not to mention this would be helpful to kart pros as theyā€™d likely get noticed more, too.

1 Like

Absolutely. Nice to see

Nice one TJ, shared it to the KP facebook page. Iā€™ll repeat here what I said on FB

Pro drivers ā€œstartingā€ in karts is a worn-out storyā€¦continuing to race them, well now youā€™ve got our attention.

2 Likes

Honestly I think this is huge for karting. Someone going back into karting, not as a ladder but as its own form of competition? unheard of. Its one thing for Norris to go out karting for a youtube video here and than, its another for someone to commit to karting. I totally get his feeling of not wanting to here a word about racing, I cant imagine making it that close, just to fall a little short. Im surprised he didnt have opportunities in other forms of motorpsorts.

Maybe his rock band is successful and he can now race whatever he wants and chooses a kart!

1 Like