Another Action Camera Thread . .

Used hero 5 black. $95 only if you look hard. It’s been great for me

Just picked up the GoPro 7 Black. Wally World had them on clearence for $197 (normally $250) so I popped for it. Any input on the best inputs for kart racing? I tried 2.7K | 24 | W my video came out like garage.

What SD card? How did it come out badly? I do 2.7k 60fps ultra wide. Works well for me.

Scan Disk Image Mate Plus 128gb. I have no idea why it came out like garbage. Seems like the video feed pauses every other second. My first action camera, so I have no idea what I’m doing.

Does it pause when you play it back on the actual camera?

Is the upload speed high enough? If not it will compress the video and make it worse. Look up a chart to see what you need

The image mate plus card appears to be OK for HD. It could be the PC isnt robust enough?

I typically only record in 1080/60 to keep files reasonable size and you could really argue that going to 720p with a higher frame rate could be a better trade-off for karting. If I’m reading your post correctly and you’re recording 2.7k at 24 frames per second, that low frame rate will make karting seem choppy most likely. I’d go down in resolution and up to at least 60fps.

1 Like

I agree with Chris on this one. 2.7K and 24 fps is too much detail at too slow a rate. You need a big graphics card for it to process smoothly and the file sizes get out of hand quickly. I usually run 720 wide at 120 fps and get pretty decent video on a older Hero3 silver. Could probably step up to 1080 on the newer ones. What does it matter if you have crystal clear images if it only snaps an image every 4 feet of track. (exaggeration of course)

1 Like

My only gripe about KP so far. Is I have to heart a post oppose to a thumbs up. Call me only fashion but it kinda drives me nuts. I guess the world is becoming softer and gentler :rofl:

So I just uploaded some stuff. Here’s what I noticed. After DLing the files, I had stuttery playback. Clearly it was asking too much of the PC. Then instead I saved it to my internal SSD. It plays fine.

I think drive read speed matters. On the playback machine.

This was 2.7k at 60FPS. 5 min file.

Yeah the heart is a bit weird. But we’ve gotten used to it :joy:

Do you think I’d have any problems with 1080 60 FPS super wide on an average laptop?

You shouldn’t. That should be fine.

heres some video from my gopro hero 4 on max settings as u can se theres no real point to spend 300 on a brand new camera

1 Like

Yeah. Each generation adds some improvements though. Max resolution has gone up. Speed of FPS has gone up. The motion shake keeps getting better. Better wireless. Etc.

That being said, you are correct that they are all quite good!

1 Like

Anyone using the Gopro Hero Max 360? Really interested in this one but not sure I want to spend 400 to 500 for it yet.

Anyway here is gorpo hero black 7, i added a little bass to the audio .

The Stahls are using that now. Kacy said there’s no going back, he loves it.

At approx 3:00, the fella in front makes a little mistake. You then get a run on him down the straight. It seemed to me likely that you cleared him by braking zone.

I see you holding the inside position into the turn. Were you not able to get to right edge of track? Turn in from middle of track at 3:15.

At about 9:25 you go for pass that isn’t there or one that you weren’t sure about. It looks to have been a slight send, so maybe good idea to have backed out. End result is you put yourself way offline going into the start of the turn complex that kills your exit speed and he trots you down the straight.

This is a pity because I believe you had the pace on him. This may be a case of be patient and wait for a higher percentile pass. Bide your time and let him sweat a bit more? Consider that if there had been a train behind you, you would have gotten steamrolled by them. In this case, it was not an issue.

I liked the race and the footage. I am picking nits here to give hopefully useful feedback. Other than the pass attempt, it looked quite solid. How did you feel about it? The footage looks great on the faring like that. The 7 is really stable.

Also #68 somehow found a mud patch on the way to grid? All of you guys have sparkling tires but him.:grinning:

Great vid quality . . . nice!