Another Action Camera Thread . .

They told me they are using the Insta360 One R Twin Edition

Super appreciate the feedback, thats my son he is 12 this was our first ever race. Im studying on your feedback thanks alot.

Does anyone use a remote for their GoPro? I just bought the older 2 button remotes for my 7 and I was able to pair the two yesterday evening. Alot of folks claimed the older 2 button remotes wouldn’t work with newer GoPro’s, but it paired and works with my GoPro 7 with zero issues.

I got it to mount somewhere in the cockpit so I could turn my camera on/off because I keep messing up with a gloved hand, reaching over the front cowl, and turning it off when I think I’m turning it on and vise versa. So I’m losing a ton of racing footage by making this mistake.

I just can’t see my screen to ensure its recording while seated int he cockpit, so this seemed like a good compromise. A new 2 button on Amazon was about $29 bucks so I figured what the heck.

GoPro Remote

I use the Velcro strap that it comes with and wrap it around the center of my steering wheel if I’m using more than one camera. I have two 3+ blacks and a 5 session I use with it.

1 Like

Am I the only person that always turns stabilization off?

For show/highlights it would be good to have on, but for coaching or self-analysis I can’t stand having it on. It completely throws off important visual cues of oversteer and understeer - I coach drivers to look for the lateral movement on video.

More specifically to look at changes in speed of vertical movement/background movement through a corner (quick stop and move again is typically oversteer, slower pause/slowdown is understeer).

That becomes impossible to see with stabilization turned on. I do my best to have a solid mount (RAM stuff is good).

Is there a camera that allows stabilization in the horizontal direction only? That would be handy.

Edit: of course if it’s just for race-craft analysis then stabilization would be fine for me. :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re not alone Mikko. I also find excessive image stabilization to make it difficult to actually see the attitude of the kart depending on where the camera is mounted.

A little is good so the footage is visible and not vibrating all over the place, but too much and it can look like the kart is behaving differently that it actually is.

2 Likes

Let me know what you think of the stabilization in the video I sent you. Although I don’t think the 5 even has that much stabilization

i use a 360/max i like it a lot i use it for 360 video and 180 and its really good for both.

I’m still having issues with buffering when my video plays, even when the video is fully downloaded. I’m getting frustrated.

It could be that the device is not up to the demands of the video.

Yeah have you tried another device to play on? High res videos can be taxing to play back and cause the device to chug.