Any info about rotax e20?

Speaking of which, how do you plan on dealing with that?

Hydraulic lift that lifts it up into the trailer

Streeter hydraulic is rated to 250 lbs.

Gonna need more powerful kart stands, folks.

Shorter races FTW! We can use smaller battery packs then.

Tell that to our road racing buddy @hallkbrdz who is making a long track kart! I’ll bet he has a solution for us.

Dealing with the total weight is fairly easy (transport wise) for large electric setups. Simply make the batteries easily removable, much like a BIG tool battery. Basically a divide and conquer approach with the motor / controller permanently attached with two detachable batteries (for weight distribution).

For the kid kart (PCB axial motor), this is a non-issue as the battery and motor are so small. Still removable for easy swapping to eliminate the need for track charging, but total weight will only be a little more than a Honda GXH50 engine kid kart with fuel.

For road racing… well that requires my new switched-flux magnet motor design which is in development (so far so good) to allow for a small battery. This design could trickle-down to sprint, but may require a hybrid motor or geared approach to increase torque for tight turns, much like a setup for a road car will. Doing so with a traditional motor would require a 30+ kW battery pack, which of course is impossible.

1 Like

Cheap shot but I had to:

And thank you for the intelligent response and your patience with my immaturity

1 Like

Yeah the battery on them was from side pod to seat on both sides and as long as a whole sidepod

1 Like

Hey guys. Vextrek is at 305lbs (138kg) without a driver. Top speed at the Atlanta Motorsports Park is about 86 mph (138kph). We just take the wheels off and the battery pack to transport it in our Toyota Highlander :slight_smile:

Almost capable of competing with shifter karts … Not quite there yet but working on it. Check this out….

4 Likes

I have a BSR2.0, ask away!

1 Like