Any word on the Briggs Bankruptcy?

I deal with the new owners as a supplier to other companies they have bought.

They are pretty good about rebuilding brands. Not the typical buy and sell off divisions and scrap it out type of group.

I expect them to turn this around. May take a while but it will happen.

Now the question is, how much stock to buy? If, at min, they can turn it around and get it back to stock prices of 2017, a $5k investment is a wealthy turn. Half that would be a nice egg :+1:

1 Like

There won’t be any stock available, as it’s a private equity buyout. It will eventually be delisted when the chapter 11 is complete.

Update:

1 Like

Well this seems like great news.

Depends who you ask. Whenever an investment firm purchases a company, to outcomes are usually certain.

1.) They will sell parts and pieces off until they pay off the debts they can’t shake off from the bankruptcy/ reorganization process, and then sell whatever is left in order to turn a quick profit. With a company like B&S and their name recognition I don’t see this happening, but I could be wrong?

2.) They use other facets of their organization to help adjust process (The Toyota Way) and streamline operations to turn them profitable. This usually involves massive lay offs followed by reclassifying positions and rehiring a less experienced (cheaper) workforce which saves on future HR costs. Usually during transitions like these they ramp up their PR folks to combat the negativity from their “growing pains” but quality in the short term is always a concern.

The key to examining this would be to research their new CEO. He has obviously done this before with other companies under the KPS’s umbrella. He has experience turning companies into the direction they want them taken, so it would be a safe bet that what he has done in the past will be the fate of B&S. (For Good or Bad) Which I can’t speak to as I haven’t researched their new CEO. All I know is if history is a teacher, a few internet searches showed that in the past he got put into various companies by KPS that they plan to flip for a future profit.

My .02 cents.

Briggs & Stratton Returns to Sponsor the Motorplex at Road America.

2 Likes

One underestimates Briggs at ones own peril. Glad to see they are coming back.

1 Like

+1 for the Monty Python GIF…

Looks like Briggs is fortifying their stance with kart racing, I saw something floating around FB that they are looking for tracks to sign up for a dedicated race series they plan on sponsoring (if I’m remembering that right). Always a good sign. :+1:

2 Likes