Are OTK parts transferable to other branded chassis

Hi all

This is going to be a little hard to understand what I’m trying to say. But is it possible to strip down an OTK frame and use all OTK parts on a different branded frame like an arrow or an energy frame?

It works for some karts. I know some people have stripped down something like a TopKart and thrown all OTK components on it.
I’m not sure which things are interchangeable.

1 Like

Outta curiousity… since OTK makes so many different “brands” would the be interchangeable amongst those always? Like let’s say a Leclerc is OTK would it always be that the bits would work in a regular green Tony? Sorta like VAG parts bin?

1 Like

Yes, Kosmic parts fit Tony fit Exprit fit Lando fit RedSpeed

LeClerc fits Birel fits Riccardo fits Kubica

Paint color, steering wheel embroidery and sticker kit are only differences

4 Likes

The biggest thing that would be a maybe is the cassettes. Some chassis have hangers that won’t fit the OTK cassettes.

The steering shaft requires a chassis that fits the bigger uniball too. Most brands use the smaller uniball.

2 Likes

This matches my experience too. My MGM with OTK spindles on it and a 50mm OTK axle is kinda funny to think about riding in those fully adjustable American cassettes. Especially with a set of MXC wheels that cost more than the whole rest of the kart combined. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Okay thank you for the info mate. I just have a very beat up 2017 OTK (previous owner didnt look after it) I’m on a very tight budget. I’ve replaced most parts, all that needs replacing now is the frame. But OTK bare frames are $3k (in Australia) but arrow and energy bare frames are $2k. Just need to save money where l can

All OTK karts should be able to use any OTK parts to my understanding. But its just OTK is overpriced and some other brands are better priced but l only need a new frame. Most of my OTK parts have been replaced

1 Like

But I’m talking about OTK parts fitting an arrow chassis or an energy classis which are 2 different brands?

Yeah okay. Small things like steering column or uniball I’m okay with replacing, its more things like front bumber bar (this would also include pedals attached to it as well), side pod bars, brake system, rear bumber mounting set. Anything thats OTK that you couldn’t really see on another branded chassis.