Best clutch bearing lube for x30, leopard, etc

I need to buy a new bottle since I just ran out, and I figured I’d see which ones would be good to try. What lasts the longest/gives the most protection in your experience?

I think any decent synthetic automotive bearing grease should suffice. It does not need much. Just a dab and work it around the rolling surface of the bearing. Clutch bearings only really have rotation when the engine is below the clutch stall speed.

I’ve always used Tri-Flow grease.

Renewable Lubricants Food Safe Grade 2 Grease - thick, stable to 400+F, and waterproof.

I don’t know if it is right, but I always use a dab of wheel bearing grease. I have a pint container of it that I bought 20 years ago and I use it anything that is remotely applicable. I still have 3/4 of the pint container left.

More importantly, I have never had an issue with the clutch bearing. I have been doing this for the past 5 years on my Leopard and X30s.

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea. How many days do you get until you need to put more on (lets say about 5 runs on track would be an average day)? I’m curious if there’s anything out there that would last a whole national weekend.

I typically have the drum off every other weekend or so (either doing a 10t to 11t swap or replacing the 10t) and the food-safe grease still looks and feels like new.

Same…every race weekend or every other race weekend because of swapping the clutch drum.

Archoil 8300, this is one of the best bearing greases on earth for friction and almost unbeatable for durability.

AR8300 's ceramics form a solid boundary layer that has been tested to be harder than its host alloy in many cases with an extremely low coefficient of friction (.003 CoF @ 14.40 MPa). The ceramic complex withstands extreme temperatures, while dramatically reducing wear and corrosion. AR8300 protects against hydrogen embrittlement and demonstrates an exceptional water washout rate (0.50%)

I swear you could put olive oil on that bearing and it won’t care. Whatever grease you have on hand is fine. Most important part is that it there is some sort of lube in there.

It’s not a performance part and it only spins when the engine is idling for the most part.

Note: I’m not recommending olive oil.

2 Likes