Best tips for maintaining a gokart after sessions

Hi guys. I wounder how do i maintain my gokart after 3 trainings (1 week) and whats the most important to check and clean.
Thanks!!

This will depend on what engine you are running, but on the chassis side, be sure to oil anything that would rust, so axle and exhaust for example.
Lube chain and clean up grease/dirt with a towel.
An overall check over things like brake pad wear, ensuring any hardware hasn’t worked loose, things like that.

1 Like

Here’s some general stuff…

Im running a x30 junior

1 Like

Ok, so then add to the checklist things like checking over the radiator/water level, clutch and lube clutch bearing, otherwise not much else changes.

youtube also has a lot of videos covering what folks do.

1 Like

What I do.

Clean chain
Clean sprocket
Clean engine with some degreaser lightly
Wipe the whole chassis with some type of wash and wax
Check carb
Really get into the bearings and tight spaces with a towel (I’m ocd clean)
Drain fuel from lines (if storing for more than a few days)
Check engine mount tightness
Spray exhaust and axle with some type of anti rust spray wd40,Inox, etc.

Every few months I take apart everything, axle bearings, axle, engine, pretty much everything behind the seat. It keeps everything clean and can see if anything is broken.

1 Like

How do i lube clutch bearing. And how do i drain fuel from the lines. The kart stays maximum 1 week in the garage from suday training to sunday. But there are 2 more trainings thuesday and wednsday.

Leave the fuel in the lines then. It’ll be fine. Even draining the tank would be optional. Come race day you want fully fresh fuel in there of course.

1 Like

Yeah thats what i also thaught. Fresh and better fuel for race! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pretty basic and inexpensive but what I’ve learned is: clean everything, needs to look like new before you hit the track again. That will help you spot cracks, leaks, rubbing parts etc before it gets expensive to fix or dangerous. Once everything is clean, re-tighten everything. Usually the one thing you forget to check is the one that ruins your day

1 Like

What products are recommended for lubrication of the axle bearings and what is the recommended frequency for cleaning/lubrication. L0206 class. Thanks

I just do a spray of Tri-Flow between sessions. Some people do more intensive packing of the bearings with thicker grease but I think it’s overkill.