Biggest bang-for-your-buck ever?

Since the Euro has tanked against the dollar, there are now some ridiculous bargains.

Have you ever been able to go faster for five grand with a brand new vehicle than if you powered this chassis:

TopKart Chassis

with this engine:

Vortex DVS 125 engine

?

Elsewhere on the site, TopKart is promoting a chassis for 1100E ($1100) that’s missing some stuff - probably the cheapest source of new spare parts for karts ever.

I imagine shipping and tax would sting a bit though?

200 Euro on the shipping for the chassis and engine together.

Import tax will get you, but it shouldn’t be too high.

3.4% import duty on kart parts, plus your local sales tax, 6% for me in California, so with shipping it’ll just break over five grand, six if you get the second kart as a “giant box of spares plus a frame to give away to a heartbroken newbie who just totalled a kart and thinks they’re done racing”

2 Likes

Hanging out at KP with people like @Charles_Kaneb just makes me feel good about people! :+1:

1 Like

Use a different HST code.
Golf carts and similar motor vehicles (HTS 87031050) = 2.5%

1 Like

Nice.

If you add the missing items (seat, chainguard, sprocket carrier, and engine mount) to the TopKart promo chassis, and get TopKart items, it comes to under 1300 euro.

Charles, I noticed that you raced in the May Tri-C race. I was there racing in 100cc TaG Grand Masters. I didn’t know you were there. Next time we should meet up.

Larry

Not mine, but the dude who bought my last gokart in 2010.

FAKart 2010 with a Vortex KF2 engine, data logger, 1 set of slicks, 1 set of wet, Magnesium rims.

2400 euros.

:smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah. I tried to introduce myself in the scale line, but most of the day I was so busy trying to get my CRG to not attempt to flip over in every corner that I didn’t have time to hang around.

1 Like

CalSpeed can have a lot grip

Hi,

I bought this one for my daughter (have 2x Top-kart dreamer for the races)

Chassis New Top-Kart NewB OK OKJ KF - PROMO 2022
Codice: 1000-997-PROMO
Chassis complete new Top-Kart NewB

In Stock! Fast Shipping!
€ 1.399,99

Best deal ever!!!

Let me know what you think of it when it gets to you! Post pictures as you take it out of the box and when it’s together, then a review of how a kart that costs a third what a Tony does drives.

It’s a birthday present so the “unboxing” will have to wait until August… The only difference with the regular Top-Kart chassis is the use of aluminium instead of magnesium for the hubs.
There is no VEN-11 brake system but that’s ok because the Top-Kart brakes ar great (with the softer orange brake pads)

Pedals are steel instead of aluminium, but the chassis is the same, only without CIK FIA approval, but for club competition that doesn’t have to be a problem

What is the ballpark for getting that Top Kart chassis ready for LO206?

Seat $100
Engine $1000
Engine mount $150
Tires $250
Chain $50
Clutch $300
Chassis protector $50

How did this compare to the Praga Dark Evo you identified in the other thread?

This has CrMo tubing vs steel for the Praga… Don’t know enough about the rest of the hardware…

Harjit,

That’s almost accurate; but one really important thing I don’t know about this chassis is whether a LO206 fits on it. If it doesn’t you might be stuck with a Leopard for cheap karting and racing.

The seat’s included in my breakdown of how I got to $1300 for the chassis. It costs half what the Praga does, but you have to pay shipping ($200-$350 for two karts) and import taxes ($50 or so) for the kart, both of which are covered if you can pick your Praga up at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

If you’re spending $300 on a Briggs clutch, you’re getting run over. The Hilliard Inferno Flame that I ran lists for $90 at Acceleration and I’m sure your engine builder gets them cheaper. They only slip in the pits.

CrMo (chromium-molybdenum) are alloying elements used in steel. Most karts use that these days, as tube is a premium product at steel mills nowadays and the manufacturing cost of making it from strip is large compared to the cost difference between plain carbon steel and “chromoly” I would expect both it and the Praga to be made from similar materials. The Praga may drive differently from a TopKart, but I’ve never driven a TopKart so I couldn’t tell you.

1 Like

I’m still in the “do I kart or not”. I’m starting with the safety items i.e. bought a rib protector. Going to order a helmet soon.

The clutch number was a guess - I should have looked it up.

I’m keeping an eye out for a decent local setup.

Thanks for the info. and these finds!

Oh, forgot one of the pricier items - transponder. I think that is $150 to $450 depending on the subscription.