Bodywork Identification/Template

Can you guys help me to identify my bodywork and locate a template for graphics?
I am open to “upgrading” the bodywork, but not at the moment as the current kit is in decent shape except for the stickers/graphics.

My research leads me to the KG Evo Stilo, but I have not been able to locate a template for this kit.
I would like to take a shot at making my own graphics…

Thanks RH

Check Kart David for templates

1 Like

Thanks, I did see one there but it isn’t a real template. It’s just a PDF. Can that be used?

If your designing graphics for print, absolutely use the PDF and do your design in a vector program such as Adobe Illustrator.

2 Likes

@CrocIndy I have zero experience with graphic design but would like to tinker with creating some custom designs. The PDF doesn’t seem to be in the correct format or size to edit. Maybe you can you, or someone who has a bit more experience than me have a look at the PDF and advise?

What program are you trying to edit/design with?

The size of the template doesn’t matter as much because vector files scale for print without distortion because they aren’t pixel based.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help. I can use whatever is best. I think someone said InkScape was free, but I should have Illustrator as well. Would I just import the PDF as vector or? Maybe a video showing how this is done? I guess I am trying to understand how to get the sizing correct to avoid pixelation etc?

Sorry, I know I am probably in way over my head, but like everything else in life, I want to learn!

1 Like

pdf is a vector format. I personally use Inkscape for my graphic design stuff, however I have yet to tackle a livery. When you design in vector pixelation isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

You should be able to just open the KartDavid PDF and design away.

2 Likes

PDFs are editable in vector programs like Illustrator. Unless the images are embedded and not editable.

Size doesn’t matter for vector art as noted. It’s scalable infinitely.

1 Like

Can someone download the PDF linked above in this thread and confirm it is acceptable for use as described here? I would really appreciate that. The last thing I want to do is waste a bunch of hours learning all of this and find out the file I started with is not going to be compatible for printing when completed.

We use it all the time. Literally designing up some kid kart bodywork right now.

1 Like

FYI, Burpo you got the printer still running? I’m going to send you over some graphics ideas for Matt and I’s youngests.

2 Likes

Mind sharing some screenshots? PM if need be…thanks!

Of how to do it? You’re just gonna have to play around. You can’t teach Adobe illustrator in a forums.

Of our design? Sure!

1 Like

That is awesome! Thanks. I understand you cant teach in forums. I guess I am trying to understand how to take each piece out of that PDF. Ill load it up and play around with it. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Good luck! There’s lots of good YouTube videos if/when you get stuck!

1 Like

Usually when you pull a .pdf into Illustrator it has everything encased in multiple clipping masks so it takes some disassembly to actually get to the artwork.

As Derek said, kind of difficult to teach the intricacies of it on a forum but yeah there are plenty of YouTube videos to help.

Honestly if you’re not versed in doing computer graphics it’s probably just easier to print it off and doodle on it by hand.