Burpo's New Adventures - I Took Over A Series! Rebirth of SIRA

Little bit more contrast and a little crop for your files…

1 Like

you should try to see if MG or Vega will come on as Tire Sponsor

What would it take in an entry fee increase (or increase in participants) to cover that incentive?

Spec tires for “special events” like this that are more locally or regionally focused do not make a lot of sense to me as a driver or “wannabe” organizer.

One of the things I loved about road racing was tire choice. No doubt one tire will come out on top as a winner, that’s how it usually plays out. But the choice offers more an incentive (or one less excuse) to come and try the event and see if it’s something you’d like to keep doing

2 Likes

This is why I asked. I’m more likely to come if i can use something I already have. I’m still new and have a lot to learn so I’m cool with not having the best tire. I like the idea of trying something I haven’t tried yet like temporary or street courses.

1 Like

I haven’t even really reached out to anybody about a tire deal because we don’t have a full season worth of information to present yet.

I think more often than not, in a club type series that has a spec tire, you’ll find that there are plenty of people that will let you use tires for the weekend.

A simple post in the corresponding Facebook group will normally net you at least five sets of tires from five different people to use or even have.

1 Like

Call me a traditionalist. I love open tire on street races. Part of the romance.

2 Likes

Who’s tradition?

lol, I guess my traditions only go back to about 2005. Open tire at all the big money street races had me showing up with 4 fresh Vega Yellows every time!

1 Like

I’m curious if the VEGA Greens would be a viable.yure to compete with the R60A with a 5" wheel rule.

Definitely possible. They were locked down in the hot sticky RIGP days but that’s a unique animal. Personally, I’ll show up with some 60B’s and be perfect by Sunday afternoon.

@CrocIndy Too bad you are so far away. You guys are putting together some interesting racing options for this year.

1 Like

Here’s an KP early announcement:

Anderson Mayor’s Cup GP returns to the streets of Anderson, IN on May 18 and 19.

Official FB and Insta post scheduled for tomorrow at noon.

Lots of moving parts to coordinate a race like this. Thankfully the Anderson Sertoma Club puts a lot of work and bodies behind this one and makes our job pretty easy. We get to basically show up and conduct the competition.

I’ve also decided that I’m going to be doing some vlogging stuff this year along with trying to keep the thread active here to kinda pull back the curtain a bit on the nonsense I get to deal with.

Ooh great idea on the vlogging. There’s a cool story here.