Can I compete in championships at the age of 18 and above, in my own country or abroad (rotax max challenge, WSK super master series, bnl series etc.)?

What do you mean when you say you are joining a team? Do you mean for work?

If not, that is the approach I would take given your current situation.

I don’t quite see the conflict between racing and education that some do. In my opinion and experience, racing IS education if you want it to be. Business, marketing, relationships, providing value, solving problems are all real life skills that can be honed through involvement in racing.

1 Like

You may not believe it, but I love to go fast. I like to go fast enough to break the gas pedal.

Yeah, that doesn’t matter though. You’re competing against people who are willing to pay to do what you want to do for free.

It’s the classic auto racing quandary.

2 Likes

There is a team and I’ve been trying to apply there for a long time. (7 months) and they compete in both the karting championship and the gt4 european series. They provide financial support but the problem is that I need 3 years’ license to attend training and races and I don’t have it.
I even sent an e-mail to Rotax Max. and they replied. That is difficult to say depends how fast you can be.

Yep, racing drivers can be the best in the world but if there’s no money to fund that car or team well there’s no team at all. It’s a giant conundrum. Like I said definitely work on business side of you personally get to know many people and those within different industries. I think people before have said esports seems to be one of the cheapest forms of entry now. However you can never beat IRL experience. Just for feel.

Applying as a driver or team member of sorts?
I would assume driver if you’re talking about licenses.

Sounds like you need to be looking at a lower level team with opportunities for rookies to compete locally.

There aren’t shortcuts on the racing ladder, you gotta start at the bottom and prove yourself each step of the way. Find a local team that can help you get set up to do local level racing. You won’t be doing Rotax Max Challenge or WSK for a few years at least.

You may have to work a normal job like most people do for a while to save the money to rent equipment with a team or buy your own equipment. Relying on other teams to give you the opportunities might be more difficult than saving the money yourself and buying your own kart.

As a team member, as a racing driver. This team also provides training in our own country. I guess they want a driver’s license for the experience. I don’t have a license, but I can drive.

Why not offer to go work for them? I think that’s where I’d start. You’ll learn a ton, make connections and your chances of a ride may increase to some degree.

1 Like

If you don’t want to make money, how do you plan on paying for racing?

quote=“tankyx, post:17, topic:8893”]
so you don’t care about the competition
[/quote]
Of course I care about the competition. I want like crazy

I didn’t mean to say I don’t want to make money. It is not a job that can be done for money, that is, to become rich. For example: Let’s race f1 and get rich. It cannot be done with this idea.

Just a simple question. How much money in a year you can spent on racing?

as our friend said. It takes desire, it takes ambition.

And it takes money. Without that, no racing…

Why do you think you are so special that somebody should provide you a free seat since i assume you have no money for racing.

1 Like

I feel like part of the problem here ia your so removed from the reality of racing, and i dont mean that as an insult, that we just can’t explain it. You have to live it.

But heres some reading.

1 Like

ok, let’s close this MAKE MONEY topic and as our friend said, the topic is going somewhere else. I couldn’t explain what I wanted to say.

Please don’t take this as an insult, but you’re not looking at me like I’m an idiot, are you? if so you can tell, it’s ok.

Just curious, when I read the details, I don’t see any mention of you driving and/or racing anything. Have you raced anything, indoor rental karts or similar? It might help when applying to the team. I know you want to race, but what have you done that’s lead you to believe you have extraordinary driving talent?

As for getting in the big leagues of racing, quick, like others have said, you mainly need A LOT of money, or be related to other successful racers with a lot of money.

At least i do not understand what you are after for. To make money in racing you have to prove that you are worth it. Until now there is nothing you can show us why you shall get paid for it. Tell me a good reasen why you are the man?

Even the best drivers had to spen a bunch of money before they have proven that they are worth it. You do not have even a plan how to start with all that.