Can karters educate esports racers about our sport?

With my little experience here on KP, I think the wealth of knowledge here could help anybody; esports racer or anyone. I’m always taken back by how helpful people are here, and seem to have zero ego. Absoluetly refreshing in this world or keyboard warriors and know-it-alls.

I can only speak for myself, but I think finding this forum is the single most helpful aspect of I’ve discovered in this new world (to me) called Karting.

4 Likes

Success! I think that’s what James and crew were hoping for. It is a bit of an oasis.

1 Like

You should try more simple word tags and spreading of the link. I think that’s a great idea to outstretched a very organic resource that can be extremely helpful

You are not alone on this point. It’s what kept me coming back. Even after I had already started karting, this site was a wealth of knowledge and the free exchange of information along with some debate every now and again was and remains my go-to for questions or advise.

@KartingIsLife I have noticed more and more in my web searches KP is popping up with anything kart related. So happy to see it knowing how much it has helped me and that anyone else looking for information about karting will see it too.

3 Likes

I have found with the proliferation of social media that forums are generally better for newcomers. The way forums generate a more ‘tight nit’ community leads to more engaged less commercial driven advice.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words guys, it means a lot. The ego part is definitely something we wanted to get away from, it’s obnoxious.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean… but do you want to give this a go?

Totally this. Plus Facebook search is designed to be garbage, so that you’re just feeding the meter on new conversations, but can’t find anything valuable in the past.

Forums really help with that, esp when people ask the same question 1000 times. :wink:

1 Like

XOXOXO. Plus the kind words from members like you, help to encourage more people to come and join. :slight_smile:

We’re just trying to help people make sense of this whole karting thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

This may be more of a business aspect if this website were to generate money. Basically you can make it so when someone looks up “karting” or “how to get into karting” or “where to buy a kart” you could have kartpulse pop up first if you used google ads. I have a little bit of free ads left after a school marketing project so when I have some time id be happy to put kartpulse up for one of those popular search terms.

Honestly everyone who ive met here has been really kind and helpful. I feel like ive learned a lot

I just searched “how to get into karting” just to see what popped up, and kartpulse didn’t show up until the bottom of the first page. Redbull, k1 speed, and reddit came before that. I did a couple other searches, but usually kartpulse did not show up on the top of the page. @E13 you mentioned that if we used simpler keywords then we may get more clicks. I can understand how sharing the link can help us expand more, but how will simpler word tags help, because each topic does not have unique word tags, are you saying that we should try and make the titles of our topics more simple?

1 Like

Im suggesting using google ads and doing some research on what keywords are used the most often when looking up karting. from their you just create a google ad, use the key word you found, and put a link to a kartpulse forum that best fits it. if you create an ad for “how to get into karting” when you look up “how to get into karting” kartpulse will be the first thing to come up, itll have a little “ad” mark on it but no one notices those. It is more for websites that make money through traffic, but I have some free ads left after a project that I dont know what to do with. Honestly Im surprised kartpulse doesnt have more traffic. they have forums, a modern and easy website, podcasts, and tons of acitve users. If only we could get norberg here. I can also create a referral link and toss it around on IG and other karting related stuff.

I have been linking his stuff in hopes he notices and discovers this place. But as an active pro, he might want to keep it on the down low as it were.

1 Like

I have been linking his stuff in hopes he notices and discovers this place. But as an active pro, he might want to keep it on the down low as it were.

Also, he’s nurturing a mustache which will require his utmost concentration.

1 Like

Ah adwords OK now I’m following. I could talk marketing all day ha. I’ve considered that and other forms of paid advertising… The problem is that we don’t have a means to benefit from it (other than traffic). Part II of the problem is that I haven’t figured out a means to benefit from it that would justify the investment of time\money. Bit of a frustrating quandary that lead to me starting the karting on ice thing.

That makes sense, we’re not really keyword optimized for that term. But maybe we should be, hmm.

I’m surprised Norberg hasn’t stopped by too.

1 Like

Ok yeah I understand what you’re saying more, that sounds like a really good idea though

Curious what you mean by pro and keeping on down low?

Limit what is said or seen. One he’s famous(ish). I doubt anyone stops him in the street but I would totally be like “hey Ryan” if I saw him I the street.

Some racers also seem to want to be somewhat secretive about setup etc.

Maybe, but it seems like he’s wanting to put his stuff out there. He’s building a great following on YT on a kart racing scale.

Also, the guarded part of the sport makes me chuckle. Nobody is asking for secrets, basics are plenty.

It is funny to see Ryan’s collection of sweatbands over his caster pills, bar, and tie rod ends in his videos though.

1 Like