Chassis scaling

Hey guys,

I’m gonna be scaling my kart soon but I want some recommendations on levelling my scales prior to conducting the job.

Ensuring all the scales are 100% level relative to each other is critical in doing this properly and I don’t have access to a professionally jig that can level each pad individually and it’s also very hard to find anywhere with a floor that is 100% level.

That being said, what have you guys come up with to shim the scale pads to get them all level relative to each other?

Depending on the size of your scales you can use vinyl flooring squares to level it out. Best thing to do is have a set of scale stands that you can level each corner. Can usually find for a few hundred. Though just leveling on the garage floor as mentioned first will work just fine.

A few 100 for something I’m only gonna do once every couple years isn’t bery practical for me.

I need something thay won’t compress under the weight of the kart, there must be some neat ways guys have gone about. Im thinking the vinyl will compress

A lonnnng time ago I put four ceramic flooring tiles in leveling compound and leveled them all relative to each other.

Not quite what you are asking for, but it’s a way for one to get there if they don’t mind a a few tiles raised up off the floor in the garage.

James this is exactly what I’m asking for…ways and methods guys have used to get them level without a professional jig. Your suggestion sounds good… maybe others can share as well and we can all exchange ideas.

1 Like

I used the really hard industrial style vinyl squares that you would see in schools or businesses. They are thinner than the ceramic. Both will work.

1 Like