ChatGPT - Answers to Kart Questions

I asked ChatGBT the same question for a kart, Formula Ford, Corvette and Spec Miata to see if it would answer differently. The answers were very similar but there were differences. The Corvette and Spec Miata the recommendation was to use trail braking. On the FF, it was use the brakes very hard. All recommendations were to drive smooth.

It’s been super useful for writing my coding homework, but it’s driving tips, not so much.

Someone ask it when to send it.

The correct answer would be “always”. instead, I got a 5 page essay

You should avoid it for coding homework

You let it off the hook too easily; next questions should be ‘What exactly is smooth driving?’ and ‘Why is smooth driving important?’ Oh, and ‘Will you spare me during the great AI purge?’ :grimacing:

Warren. You should throw some of your thinking at it and see if it understands the energy cycle etc.

When is it appropriate to “send” it in racing?

“Sending it” is a term often used in racing to describe a driver taking a bold or aggressive move on the track. It usually means pushing the car to its limits and taking risks to gain positions or make a pass. However, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to when it’s appropriate to “send it” in racing, as it can depend on a variety of factors, including the situation on the track, the driver’s skill level, and the overall strategy of the race.

In general, it’s appropriate to “send it” when:

1. There’s a clear opportunity to gain positions: If there’s an opening to pass a slower car or make a move that will put you in a better position, it may be worth taking a risk to capitalize on the opportunity.
  2. You have a competitive car and the ability to push it to its limits: If you have a well-tuned car and the driving skills to match, you may be able to make aggressive moves without putting yourself or others in danger.
  3. You’re in a high-pressure situation: In some races, such as a championship-deciding event, it may be necessary to take more risks to secure a victory or a top finish.

However, it’s important to balance the desire to “send it” with the need to drive safely and responsibly. Aggressive driving can increase the risk of accidents, which can be dangerous for both the driver and other competitors on the track. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual driver to make a judgment call on when it’s appropriate to take risks and when it’s better to hold back and wait for a better opportunity.

I can’t argue with that.

1 Like

Who is the most successful American karting professional alive?

There have been many successful American karting professionals over the years, and it’s difficult to determine a single “most successful” driver as success can be measured in various ways. However, here are a few karting professionals who have achieved notable success in recent years:

1. Santino Ferrucci: Ferrucci is an American racing driver who began his career in karting. He won numerous national and international karting championships before moving up to car racing. He has since competed in several racing series, including IndyCar and Formula 2.
  2. Sage Karam: Karam is another American racing driver who started his career in karting. He won the prestigious United States Rotax Max championship and the SuperNationals twice before moving up to car racing. He has competed in various racing series, including the IndyCar Series and the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
  3. Oliver Askew: Askew is an American racing driver who won multiple national and international karting championships before moving up to car racing. He won the 2019 Indy Lights championship and has competed in the IndyCar Series.
  4. Logan Sargeant: Sargeant is an American racing driver who won the 2015 SKUSA SuperNationals in the Junior category and finished as runner-up in the KFJ World Championship. He has since moved up to car racing and has competed in the Formula 3 Championship.

These drivers are just a few examples of successful American karting professionals who have achieved great success in their careers.

Interesting that all of these drivers were chosen because of kart to car success, it would seem.

I guess Ryan will have to go race cars to get the respect of the AI.

“Adjust the rear end geometry: The rear end geometry of your kart can have a big impact on hopping. Adjusting the camber angle and toe-in can help to reduce hopping.”

Yes, I always find adjusting this on a kart to be an advantage… LOL

1 Like

“Are you an expert on kart chassis setup and driving technique?”

"As an AI language model, I have been trained on a wide range of topics, including kart racing, and have a basic understanding of kart chassis setup and driving techniques. However, it’s important to note that I am not an expert in this field, and there may be specific details or nuances that I am not aware of.

For a more comprehensive and specialized understanding of kart chassis setup and driving techniques, it would be best to consult with experienced kart racers, mechanics, or coaches who have direct experience and knowledge in this area."

ChatGPT defers to KP in the end!

5 Likes

Do a search on your name followed by kart racer. See what GPT drags up or doesn’t. A lot of what GPT found on me is wrong.

1 Like

“Koyen has achieved numerous victories and podium finishes throughout his career, including several championships and race wins in the competitive shifter kart categories. He has also raced in various international events, including the Rotax Max Challenge Grand Finals and the CIK-FIA World KZ Championship.”

CGPT thinks I’m awesome.

4 Likes

Wonder where it cribbed all that from?

1 Like

It clearly has not been fed info from rental racing which does not do my fragile ego any good.

“Dominique Callan does not appear to be a well-known figure or entity, and “kart racer” is a general term for someone who competes in go-kart racing.”

Brutally dissed.

What really hurts though is not only does it recognize my pal Tanguy but it also gives him credit for things he hasn’t done, I think. @tankyx

Tanguy Pedrazzoli is a French kart racer. He began his karting career in 2013 and has since competed in various national and international karting championships.

Pedrazzoli has achieved several notable results throughout his career, including finishing as vice-champion in the 2018 CIK-FIA European Championship - KZ2 category, and winning the 2020 WSK Super Master Series - KZ2 championship.

As of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, Tanguy Pedrazzoli was still an active kart racer, and he may have continued to compete at various levels since then.

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

“I apologize for the confusion, but I’m not aware of a well-known kart racer named Nik Goodfellow. It’s possible that Nik Goodfellow is a local or amateur kart racer who has competed in races in your area or in smaller leagues. However, without further information, it’s difficult to provide a more specific answer. If you have additional details or context about Nik Goodfellow’s kart racing career, I might be able to help you further.”

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not a shifter kart champion, nor have I raced in the Rotax Grand Finals or the KZ World Championship.

3 Likes

Maybe George Santos used chatGPT to build his resume.

4 Likes