Choose a rib protector

I can’t believe not one mention of RibTech, I too injured my ribs practicing way too much at once when I first bought my kart. It’s taken 8 months to not have any rib pain, but I bought a Ribtech 4 and I haven’t missed a race, but my ribs healed while using the vest AND still racing monthly. I am 47 and right at 210lbs.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the responses and advice! I ended up ordering an Alpinestars unit (properly sized) mainly because I could get it in time for this weekend. Hopefully this one is more confortable, but I will keep trying them until I find one.

I always thought chiropracty was sorta BS, but then I went to this guy, Rebarber, and it was pretty amazing. Sort of hard to describe but I became a believer. It doesn’t fix anything long term for me but, whoa Nelly, did I feel good after his sessions.

It seems like the prices on the standard one went up a lot! When I got mine it was $80, loved mine though.

Has anybody tried a greyhound? Seems like nobody here has really given their 2c on it and it’s a toss up between it and a bengio. Dez across the ditch at power republic seems to rate it as better than bengio but interested to see if anybody here has tried it/compared it

1 Like

I haven’t tried it but it looks similar in shape and style to Bengio, Tillett, Freem etc. so it’s probably decent for most people. I think the key differences on all these similar vests are the materials used and the shape and how that conforms to your body type.

Looks solid. Buy it and report back! :crazy_face:

Getting my old man to send me his bengio to try at a comp in just over a fortnights time so I’ll see how it feels on me and decide from there