CKNA first timer- Vega tire life?

I will be running a regional CKNA race for the first time so I’ve never used Vega tires.

Is one set of Vega VAHs enough for 2 race days?
Are the big teams running a new set each day?

One set is fine for 2 days.

1 Like

So no performance fall off at all?

Rumor when I did CKNA at Pitt was stickers for both days if you want to fight for pole. I ran one set all weekend and wasn’t off from the top guys.

1 Like

Thanks dude, thats about what I was wondering.

I tried searching the web but couldn’t find the answer, if it rains I can buy tires at the track if theyre available, correct?

Yeah I haven’t seen a noticeable difference with the new set, maybe in the first couple laps of the first heatcycle but I’ve never had an issue.

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the info!

Just to be safe I wouldn’t count on the series or the track to have extra rain tires. Maybe your local trackside kart shop if that’s available, but they also may not be stocking tires for that event. I would definitely factor rains into your budget if possible.
Luckily the Vega rain tire is one of (if not) the best rain tire, so should be easy to sell if you end up not using.

2 Likes

Awesome, ill pick up a set just to be safe.

1 Like

It depends on the track, too…

3 Likes

VEGA out of the sticker is like Glue, after the first heat cycle they drop grip a ton but no change after that. Not having stickers will only hurt you on day 2 qualifying. That being said, if you don’t change setup for stickers from a normal run they won’t help you… You basically got to tune for 1 session because they are that much different out of the wrapper.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a good way of describing it, they are a lot different in the first session, I’ve just always left it for the second day and never felt at a huge disadvantage. Obviously if you have the budget for it, it won’t hurt. Just in terms of tire life you shouldn’t have an issue getting two days out of them however.

1 Like

What changes do you make to take advantage of the added grip?

Personally, I have a different setup then everyone so widen front and narrow rear.

1 Like