CRG Brake variations discussion

Agree, the disk can move around a lot (which is good). I really didn’t notice any wear to the rotor during a season of sprint use. I bought extra pads thinking I might need them as well, but didn’t with only slight wear. Possibly you had very aggressive pads.

Mikkometalli, If you need measurements I have the stock rear setup on my '08 kart.

1 Like

Sorry I meant how tight the new set up is in radial/vertical direction. if I pinch my used rotor with my fingers - I can lift the rotor almost 1mm as pins have eaten away material from carrier. I questimate in new set up theres 0.1mm or so play - just enough that rotor can move laterally without binding. Dont know

In my used set up - when applying brakes, the pins will center the rotor radially but off the brakes - I would assume - the rotor will be out of symmetry compared to axle centerline because of radial wear on carrier. So going down the finish straight, motor screaming, the rotor will have non concentric position compared to axle. The rotor weights several hundred grams and has large portion of its mass on large diameter - not concentric to axle is good source for driveline vibration

In my used assembly rotor moves laterally 3mm. Its okayish and working as it should and is designed - the radial play makes me wonder when too much is too much

Bryan - thank you for the offer! If you have bought/fitted new parts to your kart - that have not yet developed wear - please do measure how much there is movement in vertical direction