CRG RR 2022 KZ cornering slide

Any effect on long vs short rear hubs?

1 Like

Unfortunately I dont have a lot experience with the short hubs - other than I crashed 2 times when a short hub came off :sweat_smile:

Propably the hubs had been too loose at some point, had moved around and bore became worn, scored etc. After that didnt seat well no matter how tight they were. I should have just bought new ones the minute there was wear on the bores

Just to make sure the wheel doesnt come off again - bought long hubs with 2 bolts. These have never ever moved

Many times it’s not because hubs are worn but they pick up material and high spots form, which prevent the inner bore of the hub from having full contact with the axle. Buy a 50mm ball hone. Hone out the hubs and they will stay on much better and slide on the axle better. Also, I would lightly sand the axle in the hub mounting area to remove any residual aluminum.

1 Like

How about suggestion on tire pressures? Could the tires be getting too greasy?

I would also be curious to see if the hubs are the problem. I too would suggest a shorter rear hub but thats only my opinion and if thats not right… please tell me im full of shit.

Ive just made that change before when the kart felt really slidy on a high grip track and it seemed to work well for me. Made the kart do what i wanted it to do.

Wondering too what happens if you raise your cold tire pressures as the track grips up.