Custom helmet designers?

damn i wonder if anyone does it because my hemet has gone true quite a bit and has a lot of scratches

I guess if you gonna drop a grand on a helmet paint, probably makes sense to buy a new helmet for it.

1 Like

If it doesn’t have big chips or scrapes, it can usually be painted no problem. But if it has chunks missing from the finish, that all has to be filled in and sanded and it just adds time and cost to the job that isn’t worth it for me. Plus, the finished product is just nicer with a fresh or lightly used helmet. And also it should be noted that if the helmet has taken a decent impact, it usually should be replaced anyway.

As Dom rightly noted, if you are going to spend the money on a nice paint job, you probably just want to go ahead and start with the best base possible.

1 Like

True ik what you mean it sucks cuz i got that helmet like 3 months ago and it got ran over at uspks and now it looks like crap

Im also wondering if you do the design presses or does a 3rd party do that

I do all of the design work for most of my clients. Usually I get some input from the client to start like color choices or sketches or photos of other stuff they like, and I take it from there. I prefer to do the design and don’t really like painting 3rd party designs, as I have my own style and like to emphasize that in the final product.

You might want a new helmet anyway just for impact absorption, the foam is single-use!

SportbikeTrackGear.com is in my town and they sell all sorts of helmets.

I went to Pansch Grafix. Rainer does great work and is a huge part of Racing4Vets.

2 Likes

PanschGrafix
I have been able to turn out a wide range of custom styles at a reasonable cost.
$600-$1200
Please find me on FB @PanschGrafix.
@VDABLU

1 Like

If you don’t want to spend $1000 on a helmet paint job, why not consider a custom vinyl decal set from Harris Decals? $45!! And if it gets scraped up or damaged, peel it off and put on a new one! They have a whole bunch of styles to choose from, and all colors in their design examples are customizable.