Deepseat/Ribtect seats

I would say I’m sore for probably a day or two and then I’m fine. If it lingers longer than that, then I would start to consider trying other padding options or something.

Yeah. I guess be aware of the pain level and don’t push it if it makes it worse.

Soreness after the race is probably ok but if there is wincing pain, I think the best is to stop karting until it’s completely healed. I read that it takes 6 weeks for a cracked rib to heal and there should be no activity for that period. Healing period might be longer for karting. What has helped me is tightening up the core or least for the corners that my ribs feel the pain.

One would think that there would be some sort of expanding foam that would contour around the mid-section and distribute the load better. I wonder, how many karters quit because of seat pain. It’s likely the older karter that races once a month that have the problem with no solution forth coming, as the karting industry doesn’t think this demographic is important.

Personally, I’ve had very few problems with seat pain, so I’m lucky but know many others that have.

1 Like

Not sure 52 qualifies as “geezer” but I can assure you most everyone regardless of age will feel some soreness for a few days after a race day. Sometimes you can find ways to address issues. Like I wear an elbow pad on my right arm as I kept getting bruising from banging on the motor. The seat / rib bruising can be tricky and even the best seat and rib vest won’t reverse a bruised or broken rib.

1 Like

Just a quick observation on the deepseat. I finally decided to ditch the deepseat and go back to tillet seat. It saved me about 5 lbs in weight and it free up the chassis so much. The kart feels so different.

Update from me: had a solid weekend, picked up P2 at my local club and two days later I have no pain. I added a gel pad for my right side which seemed to help. I just need to trim the top a bit.

Glad to hear it. At least one of you found relief. It is true that the taller deepseat does have an effect on the karts handling.

1 Like

Some guys saw the curled lip off the top of the seat or just cut slots in it to help the seat flex.