DIY Brake Bleeder?

Curious if anybody has made their own gravity brake bleeder using only parts from the hardware store. It seems like it should be relatively simple, and I might try it myself, but if somebody has done it, I’m all ears on recommendations.

1 Like

Seems like this store bought one could be reproduced with a bottle, hot glue gun and bleeder valve.

1 Like

Power Republic has a video using a sriracha bottle to bleed the brakes.

Not really using hardware, more like using a tasty condiment! It’s also a little tedious.

1 Like

Take a bottle, make a hole in the cap. Put a fuel line in it, cut the bottom and turn it around and fill with brake fluid. Put the hose on one of the bleed nipples and open it and watch the fluid rise in the master cylinder👍🏻

1 Like

Makes me wonder if a large syringe on the bleed nipple would make a perfect reverse bleeder…

2 Likes

Absolutely! Reverse bleeder or you can suck the fluid out with the syringe👍🏻

I use a fluid pumper to get my system bled since I don’t have a tower

1 Like

I use a syringe to bleed brakes. While I suppose creating a vacuum on the bleeders would work I prefer to push fluid from the Master cylinder to the bleeders. It is a little messier but a lot less expensive.

1 Like

So with this method, you’re pushing fluid from the caliper to the master cylinder? And then you just keep removing fluid from the master cylinder as you go?

I bought a 10mm x 1.0 nipple that screwed in to the master cylinder hand tight, and connected it to my homemade garden pump sprayer/brake bleeder I use for automotive brake bleeding. Similar to this…

1 Like

Yes correct! Very easy process :grin:

1 Like

David,

At the factory your brakes were vacuum-bled. We just use an ordinary vacuum bleeder from an auto parts store. It’s faster especially when trying to change all of the old fluid in a used kart.

1 Like

Thanks for all the input, this was great!