Does anyone have experience with CompKart Covert 4R?

Hello Everyone.
I’m looking for any testimonials from anyone who has had any experience with the CompKart 4R.
I’m debating getting into the LO206 game near me and the 4R has caught my eye. Thanks for any feed back.

Welcome!

Where are you located?

It seems to be a good kart. I actually haven’t seen it in LO206 action, but I’ve seen it run in KA and it was really quick.

1 Like

Charlotte NC,
(GoPro Motorplex)

2 Likes

Any thoughts on what the support is like for it in that area? That’s usually the first consideration.

If xxx chassis is winning at (not your) track and on (not the same) tires, then that information is of less value to you. It’s also the staple of practically all marketing efforts by importers and dealers, which is interesting.

Generally, most karts are pretty good honestly. You won’t hear many say that of course :joy:

I will say the color is a plus for Compkart. I want one just for that alone.

1 Like

There is a tuning outfit here that seems to have like 20 compkarts at the track on race day. So parts shouldn’t be that hard to get.

1 Like

The shop at the track is KartSportNA they seem to mainly deal in arrow and praga, but they have a few other karts on there website. But not CompKart unfortunately. I was hoping, of course there might be some owners or locals here on this forum that would chime in with more info.

Compkart is effectively a BirelART, so you can look for either type for parts. The BirelART AM29 is effectively the same chassis.

3 Likes

Tim Schutt at TimmyTech is local to GoPro and they are CompKart guys, so support should be available.

3 Likes

Timmy tech is the outfit I was referring to. I will have to give them a call soon. It seems from there social media that I just missed a demo day back in OCT. Just my luck. Thanks everyone for the input.

1 Like

Definitely worth reaching out to see if you can test drive one.

Perhaps they offer arrive and drive, some of the funds of which could be offset against the balance of purchasing a kart?

1 Like

My son races a CompKart 4R LO206 and it is terrific. We also have a Covert 3 DD2 which is amazing. The J3 Competition guys and United Karting who we bought them through have been very supportive. My son races in the two classes. I think LO206 is great because it is the lowest cost in an expensive sport, there is great competition, its easy to learn and maintain, great community of racers and its just plain fun! The DD2 while big in Europe and Australia, does not enjoy as much competition here but our CompKart Covert 3 is fast – 90 mph. However – you pay more to go faster. We have had our 4R for two seasons and the Covert 3 is new this year – my son loves both karts. He will be racing his CompKart LO206 at the Rock Island Karting Grand Prix the end of August. I love these karts because I’m the pit crew and I can get help when I need it! If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. BWI%2013|595x499

2 Likes

My son races the 4R in 206 and the chassis has been amazing this year. It took us 1 weekend to find the neutral setup and since then only minor adjustments have been needed during race weekends. Pole position and 1st place last weekend at CKNA series with only air pressure adjustments. BTW, it is NOT the same as the Birel AM-29. Very similar but different. Chassis design is different (single vs. double bend), axle choice is different (40mm vs. 50mm), and the brake system is different. Any questions let me know.

3 Likes