DPE Arrow/Deadly GS96

Hello, I am looking for information on the DPE Deadly GS96. Wanting to know the specs, what it was designed for… and if it’s suitable for a low HP class with a minimum weight of 160 kg.

Thanks!

Oh I bet this guy can help: @DavidSera

1 Like

Before @DavidSera gets here, it’s effectively an Arrow Chassis painted green, with some of Dave’s special sauce applied.

Depending on the model, it will be as suitable as whichever Arrow chassis it aligns with.

Thanks, Bill.

Yes thats what I was thinking. I used way back machine to get the x3 and x4 brochure from back then, and none of the Arrow models were a match.

Its unique, with 28mm tube, a fixed front tortion bar (no clamps/ welded in), and a 1040 wheelbase… + 17mm stubs and a 40mm axle.

There were no Arrow karts with 28mm tube and a 1040 wheelbase. Closest was 28mm on 1030.

I talked to a guy at DPE today and he said that the karts with a fixed front tortion bar are usually on 1010 wheelbase karts…

Id say the difference is Dave’s special sauce.
The standard Arrow changes would work with this chassis, X3 and X4 are starting to be pretty dated, but as long as the chassis is in good condition it will work fine.

Sounds like either a 28c (28mm with 30mm cross rails) or 31c though the 31c had 30mm rails and 32mm cross rails they were both designed for KT100 on MG Reds.

The 28c was for clubman light and clubman junior at 140kgs or less and the 31c was used clubman heavy and super heavy 160/180kgs on Reds.

Hey Paul,
Cool to hear there’s still a few Deadly Karts getting around!

It was better suited to our Junior classes (on Mg Tires at the time) in the weight range of 135-150.

To be honest, I’m not sure how it would perform on the current tires with the additional weight.