Edmonton & District Kart Racing Association Ready for 2019 Season

**A Press Release from: **
send press releases to [email protected]

[center]image[/center]

As we eagerly await the start of the 2019 race season it is time to reflect on the 2018 race year.

It saw the beginning of a unique partnership between BRP-Rotax and the Edmonton and District Kart Racing Association (EDKRA). The result was the first racetrack in North America to be branded Rotax Mojo Raceway. BRP-Rotax is a leader in the development and manufacturing of 2-cylinder engines for the karting industry.

The incredible commitment from BRP-Rotax will see the level of participation and professionalism of the sport of karting greatly improve in the Edmonton and surrounding areas.

The partnership gives members, visiting racers and spectators a better understanding of how powerful the sport of karting is in the world today.

The benefits of this partnership go far beyond recognition and expertise. Rotax has also provided a large assortment of prizes for the winning racer in each of the classes held at EDKRA. These prizes far exceed anything handed out in club races before.

Clothing, parts, accessories and the best prize of all Rotax Engines.

For the winners of the 2018 season, drivers did not expect to win their respective championship and be handed a $4000 engine for their efforts. Here is what a few of the racers had to say

Bowen Gilbert (8) – This was my first year of racing – I was racing in the 4stroke class and won the championship for Junior 1. I was so excited to win an engine, now I just have to beg my dad to let me race in the Rotax Micro Max Series this year!

Griffin Dowler (206) – My competition was fierce in both of my Classes. I had the fortune to be crowned Champion in both Jr Rotax and Sr Briggs Lite. I competed with some of the best Rotax and Briggs racers in Canada and I am proud to have won not one Rotax package, but two !!!, I can’t thank the EDKRA executive enough, for all the hard work and commitment they’ve had towards the betterment of this sport. And finally, the Rotax team for putting up the best prizes in karting, at the club level world wide. And absolutely making this wonderful opportunity come to be. I can’t wait for the RACE 1 at the Rotax Mojo Raceway May 5th 2019…

Angelo Amorim (100) – I would like to sincerely thank Rotax and EDKRA for coming together to provide an outstanding race facility that delivers exciting racing, great sportsmanship and offers racers the opportunity to with fantastic prizes. In 2018, I competed in both Briggs Masters and Rotax Max Masters classes. As the 2018 Brigss Master champion, I am extremely grateful for being awarded a new Rotax Max Engine. I look forward to racing in the Rotax Max Masters class in 2019 and beyond.

A similar prize program is being offered by the EDKRA ROTAX MOJO Raceway for the 2019 race season. That will be almost $100,000 worth of engines and parts provided to the club to offer as prizes to the winning racers in just the first 2 years of this partnership.

Want to be part of the action? The season starts May 5th with up to 14 races scheduled throughout the spring and summer months.

Once again, this year ROTAX MOJO Raceway will play host to the EDKRA Summer Challenge – a fun and rewarding event during the month of July. The raceway offers the only full-service campsite facility in Western Canada.

The sport of karting is not cheap, but it is one of the least expensive and most fun forms of motorsport you can participate in. Whether you are a youngster starting out at 7-years-old, a budding professional driver or a mature enthusiast that wants to have fun with new friends.

Karting creates many memories, new experiences, lifelong friends and great skills so why not join us @ EDKRA Rotax Mojo Raceway this spring? you just may win one of many great prizes provided by Rotax International for your participation!

2019 Race Schedule at Rotax Mojo International Raceway

• Sunday May 5 – Race #1
  • Saturday June 1 – Race #4
  • Sunday June 2 – Race #5
  • Saturday June 15 – Race #6
  • Sunday June 16 – Race #7
  • Saturday June 22 – Race #8 – Warburg Days – Later Race Start
  • July 12 – 14 – EDKRA Summer Challenge*
  • Saturday July 20 – Race #9
  • Sunday July 21 – Race #10
  • Saturday Aug 10 – Race #11
  • Sunday Aug 11 – Race #12