EP 15 - "From Rock Island to the Nationals" with Jordon Musser

Jordon talks with Davin about how he went from his start in karting, to racing at the higher levels. He talks about the value of quality relationships in order to make the next step.

Note: Apologies for the interview audio, but this one is very interesting!

As always, we’d love if you share the Podcast with your friends.

Help us make the podcast even better by rating it and join the discussion below

0 voters

Subscribe to the KartPulse Podcast

Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe SoundCloud

or

Signup for a forums account and get updated when a new episode is published.

1 Like

I loved this one! Jordon is the MAN in so many ways. But what was most impressive to me is that he is a modern take on the ‘grit your teeth and get it done’ type of racer of the past. He reminds me a little bit of one of my friends, who tied a shoestring to a shoestring to begin his racing. I doff my cap to Jordon, and wish him well in his karting now he is able to do it the ‘right’ way. Ultimately, however, Jordon’s story reminds me that karting can have the appeal of simply being a huge adventure above all else. Driving 11 hours to an event where you have basically zero tools and sleeping on a bench…that’s a lot more memorable than staying in the Marriott and working under a giant tent.

Another winner of an episode. I really love to hear the stories on how folks got into karting and the path to their current position. Makes me think that everything I do for my son is both wrong and right but I now have the reason why.

1 Like

Love it. That’s one of the point of the podcasts, for people to tell their stories and teach people what they have learned along the way.

We’ve moved the KartPulse podcast hosting from soundcloud to spreaker and in the process did a little work on the audio. Nothing fancy, but noticed the audio levels were not consistent (Guest loud, host quiet or opposite) I made some corrections (Audio compression) to them.

Of course it’s available in your podcast player of choice too! Despite being recorded a couple of years ago, most of the discussions are pretty evergreen and still relevant.