F1 Memes and Funnies

I am still far away from Seb level of niceness :grin:

1 Like

I did not know that

he did the targa florio too. mega

Meme/caption challenge…

Alonso in Wonderland

Here’s my bizarre submission. Any other players?

1 Like

That’s Alonso. :sweat_smile: Or is that part of the meme and I’m being whooshed?

Oops! Lolol. I will need to fix that. There’s a reason I was last in our fantasy f1 league. No whoosh intended.

2 Likes

Just make sure to not go off half-cocked with those…

2 Likes

And thats a thing people would cry about when they cant get past a truck with that text on :rofl:

1 Like

The amount of coordination and dedication to build that though ;D

1 Like

Repeat after me…

7 Likes

I think this discourse is so weird, given the track record of new manufacturer entries in F1–the works Renault, Toyota, works Honda, BMW, Jaguar–have all failed to achieve results with big money behind them. Halfway “works” entries like Alfa Romeo and Aston (and let’s not even mention Spyker and Lotus) have done even worse.

1 Like

Being a newer F1 watcher, I had no idea Toyota was in F1. I’m a huge Toyota fanboy, so I’m curious why they didn’t do well?

They did so-so. Think they had a couple P2s, but ultimately left in 2008 or 2009 after the recession hit.

1 Like

They sank a massive amount of money into it but they ran the team like a Japanese corporation so often were hampered by corporate bureaucracy and too slow decision making. They came in as a works team in ‘02 and had a few podiums and were one of the teams to nail the 2009 aero regulations so they had the double-diffuser right away and a strong car at the start of the 2009 season. But yeah then the global economic collapse happened and corporate couldn’t justify the money spending anymore after doing it for years with no major results, so they pulled out after 2009.

Shame, would be nice to have them back as a manufacturer.

In Ross Brawns book he talks a bit about how toyota chose to do things the way they always have (the toyota way) which works great in manufacturing but not so much in sports. And that they refused to get involved at all in the politics of it all which is 1/3rd of what is needed to be successful in F1.

According to Timo Glock their 2010 car was mega but they never got to race it.

1 Like