F1 Memes and Funnies

3 Likes

Source: formuladank (again)

3 Likes

3 Likes

For those that watch DTS

6 Likes
1 Like

I like both of them, but these are funny.

Hamilton meme2

Iā€™m pretty sure I hear max complain about many things in every single raceā€¦ and blames his team for things tooā€¦

1 Like

Point is if max is bitching itā€™s because thereā€™s something to bitch about, mostly (caveat lol). Lewis bitches about having no grip then puts in ten fastest laps one after the other, thatā€™s what annoys people like me and meme makers :grin:

1 Like

Ha! I think F1 fan-boi stuff like Max vs Lewis is fine because it gives us memes and entertainment. Plus, these guys are polarizing, which makes it interesting.

The whole Lewis fashion thing seems to have interesting origins. If I am not mistaken he made a comment that he realized was very harmful to a young relative and embraced (to great personal ridicule) non-gendered fashion. He lives his apology publicly and also tries to be a different and better man.
This takes ballsā€¦

But yeah, his tires are gone occasionally. Which gets annoying.

Nothing new under the Sun, however.

1 Like

most of the time lewis will just suck it up if theres something to complain aboutā€¦
apart from his tire thing. I dont get his tire thing.
I Just think max is the whiniest of drivers on the grid for the most part. Last race he complained about nearly everything.
Not to say Lewis doesnt complain, (perez defense being called ā€œdangerousā€ comes to mind)
Just my thoughts

:rofl::rofl: we must be talking about a different Lewis

Whatā€™s the difference between Lewis and his turbo?
His turbo stops whining when itā€™s in the pit

You mean Bahrain? Yes he showed his immaturity 100% - Iā€™m never listening to you again I couldā€™ve been in front. Yes fine but then youā€™d lose more than one place because you didnā€™t treat your tyres right.

He moans about tires to keep other teams in a state of confusion. Itā€™s not a million miles away from teams running out to fake a pit stop. itā€™s gamesmanship.

This ā€˜x driver whines more than anythingā€™ is a bit of a tired trope. All drivers moan and whine. None of us listen to the radios of all drivers during the Grand Prix and none of us are privy to the pre and post race briefings. We basically are given edited sound bites by the F1 TV Production Team. 99% of the messages are ignored because they are dull and not interesting. I recall a lot of drivers came out in support of Dan Ticktum a year or two ago when it appeared he was being targeted with the production crew broadcasting a lot of what he was saying. he got a ton of flak for it yet a couple of drivers said they were the same quite often, but their radio comments were never broadcast.

Itā€™s always worth remembering that F1 is entertainment, this year more than ever. The constant replays (when battles havenā€™t finished) and cutting to team pits and the fans in the stands (when battles havenā€™t finished) and the weird crowd noise that add in now and again is testament that the direction has a very clear mandate to broadcast certain things. If they didnā€™t they have the the obscenely idiotic habit of cutting away during on-track battles to show a couple of random people cheering int he crowd (itā€™s got so bad now that I a struggle to watch the racer live)

What we see and hear is curated. You only really learn about drivers years after theyā€™ve retired and journalists/mechanics feel brave enough to talk and write about them.

2 Likes

Plenty of mature drivers who never get a winning car or a World Championship :slight_smile: Iā€™d rather have a WDC trophy in the cupboard than people think I acted in a particular manner congruent with the belief system of what adults should and shouldnā€™t act like.

I think (at least in the footage Iā€™ve seen) Hamilton seems very classy and professional. I think he is a class act overall, but like I said, thatā€™s my opinion in the limited amount of interviews and tackside footage Iā€™ve seen of him.

Like I said I like them both, I just found these memeā€™s kinda funny. But at that level of competition, I cannot image the pressure theyā€™re under. I think Iā€™d loose my :shushing_face: and be all over TMZ :rofl:

1 Like

Food for thought: if they go too far down the manufactured reality show drama route, they will have the inevitable internet burn-out of interest as it gets dumber and dumber.

Public attention span for OMG Drama seems to be about 3-4 seasons, maximum.

Youā€™ll need to convert folks into actual race fans for them to have staying power.

Is him complaining about tires Seriously worthy of labeling him as a crybaby?

All the drivers complain, and from what we are shown (which is curated) he is not the driver that complains the most.

I may be taking things too seriously but those are just my thoughts.

Nah. Some people just like being jerks when they perceive it as harmless. Thereā€™s a rivalry that was promoted and folks pick a side, attacking their nemesis and celebrating their hero. I never followed it but it seems that professional wrestling boiled this down to its essence. Itā€™s theater.

If you think about it, itā€™s probably great for the teams and the sport (until folks move on to the next thing). Letā€™s not forget how dull f1 has been for a real long time with no passing ever and the almost inevitable HAM/VER/BOT finishes.

Iā€™m guessing that Hamilton and Verstappen are totally fine with it, so long as they get paid.

I was never a fan of Lewis because I always thought he was whiney and complained all the time. I eventually had to look around and realize that a lot of my heros of the sport probably did the same thing on the radio but it wasnā€™t broadcast. What has brought me around as a silent supporter of Lewis is that heā€™s never to my knowledge had a major controversy around his on-track behavior. I grew up idolizing Schumacher and looked past the wreck of Damon Hill and the parking of the car at Monaco or Senna wrecking Prost to win the championship. As Iā€™ve gotten older I realize Lewis hasnā€™t had those events and that deserves respect.

Lewis was completely robbed of a record championship last year and was gracious enough to congratulate red bull and Max. I think his behavior this year will be telling as well, but the way he has behaved has really now made me a fan.

2 Likes

When he complains then proceeds to do a purple lap, yes