Fair weight for KA100 against TAG125?

We’ve got a TaG class at a tight, twisty track, with speeds reaching 55-57 MPH at the end of the straight.

Right now, TaG Lite has X30 at 370# and Rotax at 365#. Many of our drivers are bolting on fifty pounds of weight.

For a light driver, is there a good starting point for a fair weight to run a KA100 against the X30s? Would 310# give an advantage in some places and a disadvantage in others?

What tires would you be on? If you’re comparing MG Reds to MG Yellows, I don’t think even 50 pounds would be enough. If you’re running MG Yellows on a KA, running 310 or 320 might be doable. KA on Reds is about 1.5 seconds off X30 on Yellows. Tires would make up a bit of that difference, then you’d have to look at the weights from there.

1 Like

Aaron, they’d all be on Yellows.

The only people that will be able to get an adult chassis with a KA to come in at 310lbs would have to weigh 140lbs or less.

Chris, that’s why it would be a nice option to have, as we do have some smaller drivers locally mounting an inconvenient amount of lead to their karts.

I just drove an unweighted KA today and I came in at 314 lbs kart and driver and I’m about 135 lbs.

1 Like

179lbs for the kart? Nice and light. What’s weight for pros? KA100

KA weight is 360 total.

It ripped pretty good being 45 pounds light, definitely wanted to kick mid-corner on power. Felt a bit more like a kart was supposed to feel.

Surprised me because when I ran HPV Lite back in the day overall weight was 320 and I know I had more than 6 lbs of lead on that kart. The KA package with the battery is a good chunk of weight compare to an HPV.