First Race

So, next weekend is my first race in many years. I ran dirt oval as a kid but this will actually be my first race doing sprint. Unfortunately, it looks like rain is gonna be off and on all weekend. What tips can you share with me.

1 Like

Exciting times. What and where are you racing?

Stay safe, use your head, relax and enjoy the laps. Make sure your nuts and bolts are tight, things are lubed and there is air in your tires.

1 Like

If there’s rain, don’t be afraid to try some laps on slicks. Use the time to learn how to try different lines and finding where the grip is

1 Like

If you arent familiar with race day, pay attention to loudspeaker. Its easy to lose track of things especially with all the noise. There’s a pretty tight schedule, usually.

Specific to the wet, stay off the rubber on the apexes and normal braking zones. Its very slick. Take the long way round the apexes and brake off the rubber.

1 Like

Keep those wheel nuts tight! Saw a kart lose a wheel in the rain last race.
Stay calm, don’t try and get out of anyone’s way, they’ll find a way around you. Be smooth, don’t stress, and have fun. Sounds like cliche advice but for a first race these things are important

1 Like

Depends on the track, some tracks there isn’t enough rubber for it to be worth a different line.

1 Like

Do you have rain tires?

1 Like

Not yet, the series will have some if needed