Flick or Finesse

I’ve also been told that a flick slide is the fast way round some indoor rental turns. I think it can be fast on hairpins where you carry a lot of entry speed.

Indoor karts don’t work the same as a racing kart. They’re heavy, they don’t flex, the tires are like rocks, and the surface is polished concrete usually. In that situation a hard flick can help the kart rotate.

Hey mate,
This can definitely work in the wet weather as it will slow the kart down faster then the additional steering input will help unload & rotate the kart quicker.

There’s an art to it, and to begin with a lot of drivers might spin out. But when performed correctly it’s a way of driving faster in those conditions

2 Likes

Thanks guys…I love how every responder knew what I was talking about.

Depends very much on the class your driving,the tyres, track surface.
For tracks with very long sweeping corners, like Genk in Belgium, I drive really really smooth, with minimum steering input. For some tracks in the Netherlands, with very low grip and tight and sharp corners, I am more aggresive on my first steering inputs into the corner. Also depends on type of kart/engine, I drive a DD2 rotax, which is a driving style between shifter and automatic, but because the rear of the kart is so stiff, you cannot flick it in a big way. Kart is not really flexing either.

There is no single driving style that is fast. I’ve recently raced against Davide Fore and Bas Lammers, both completly different driving styles, both fast as hell.