Front inner tire wear

Hello Fellow karting enthusiasts, I am wondering if I should adjust my camber. I am experiencing wear on the inner edges of my front tires. I am a 200lb driver could this be due to the added weight creating negative camber and should I adjust to some positive camber?

If it’s fast, leave it. Sometimes you just have to live with the camber burn. It could also be from too much dynamic camber change due to rake and/or caster.

That does seem a bit harsh though.

2 Likes

The right front on my 206 looks like it’s been run on a shifter after 3 weekends… :man_shrugging:t2:

Most karts wear the tires on the inner shoulder more due to front geometry and camber. Unless you’re burning the tire off prematurely I wouldn’t worry too much.

Thanks, it’s not premature wear, I do get a significant amount of use from a single set.

1 Like

Go For It GIF by KawasakiUSA

2 Likes

flip your tires after a couple of races

Be careful flipping tires after they have worn in and naturally cambered. If you flip them after too many sessions, you significantly reduce the contact patch as you now are riding on tires that are cambered the opposite way.

If you’re going to flip them I would suggest every session or every other session.

1 Like