Getting back to karting

Not gonna lie that’s where I’m at these days.

I love anything mechanical. Just cause its cool. I only want to win in my business. That is what counts.

1 Like

I will get his name. He races animas in pit bikes in Vegas. He knows the motors. He wins a lot. He is friends with the anima business in Orange County CA. My kart has done good at Adams. They hoped it would be accepted in the 125 class. They never succeeded. I bought the kart because I loved the build quality.

1 Like

My Tony rental kart. Great for newbies. Built like a tank.

1 Like

Here is my Gilera. Last used 2004. Still was fast but needed a chassis refresh.
Gil1
Gil2
Gil3
Gil4
Gil5

How cool are those instruments! Old school!

My fun kart. Built buy a racer for his kid. Bought it 17 years ago. My son terrorized the neighborhood in it. 11 horse Tecumseh. More of a cement mixer motor. My son did get two tickets in it. And they impounded it. I have kept it for shits and giggles. My son drove my 2006 Viper to high school. Then we bought Joel McHales sp? Easy Street Racing STI. Lots of fun!
5f_1_b
66_1_b

My daily driver. 873 hp Hellcat. 6 speed manual. Car from hell! And my wife’s love … Her new 911

1 Like

Oh my. The Gilera…it’s a beauty! I sent you a link above, takes you to an Italian club still active in organizing races for these, they are probably your best bet for info around the package, should you need it. Engine is pretty rare, ended up pretty much like the Honda here, massive shortage of parts and blocks.

I’m an idiot and don’t see the link. I remember the Gilera was hard on parts in 2004. But the internet was less developed also. Yes the kart is cool. With the instruments and all it looks like a production build. I sure never saw another one when I used it. I’m sort of a hoarder. 7 hangers allows me to do a lot of stupid things. Storage wise ha ha.

1 Like

Thanks! I will look them up!