GoPro OTK M7 front fairing

Company in Australia 3D prints these mounts especially for the Hot dog bun.

2 Likes

Seems like camera post might be a hazard.

1 Like

Any thoughts on this? I’m going Friday for a track day and see how I like it. If someone sees an issue I could run into let me know. Thanks.

I mean I’d put it on the other side. Just cause I’m overly ocd about symmetry. So I’d put it on the other side. But that’s a spot I hadn’t thought

I thought about that also but then I thought about how I get in the kart. I always get in from the left side and was worried it would be in the way.

Isn’t your sidepod loose and therefore going to bounce up and down a fair bit on-track?

Yes, I did think about that but was hoping if I just ignored that issue it would work out and be ok. :joy: I’ll see Friday when I run it.

Would love to see the video after you run with the Gopro there.

1 Like

I’ll try and post some clips Friday night.

This is what I ended up with. I know I’m not with the OTK guys. But the double arm gives tons of adjustability. And I found these wire teather that I anchored to the seat bolt. I wound it through the ram mounts.

I have a hero 8 so there was nothing to secure a lead or safety wire to. So I found this case. It has replaceable lens unlike the 8. And you can even change it to a filter like a polarizer etc pending weather conditions.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I do with mine

1 Like

I’m excited to see how it does. With the extra joint I’m worried it might vibrate a little to much. But we shall see.

Just make sure they are tight and it will be fine.

1 Like

Does anyone know of a kart shop that sells this mount in the US?

1 Like

You probably already bought one but after looking at a couple of designs our whole team ended up going with these ones…

Pretty sleek and they are made in the USA. Pretty well designed too for a 3D print. Had them on for about 9 months now with no issues. One of the other guys at the track had the one in the link you sent but it wasn’t very good and had rough edges. Good luck!

I just got the double arm set up too! That perspective is really cool. Now time to upgrade from hero 3 to something newer—at some point.

Is this bracket sold in the US anywhere?

Would this work for you?

Even with the M7 you can mount it on the number plate if you wanted and your tracks rules allowed

I use a surreal mount it is fantastic.