Hairpin turn in low hp kart

How does quali work?

Well top100 people (of course, when they decide to drive) randomly pick one of the 3 kart numbers (those karts are specially prepared for the purpose of this competition), that kart gets prepared, gets weight up to 80kg, tyre pressure is checked.

In the next two weeks, 100 quickest drivers fight for 50 spots, same goes after the best 50 are chosen. They have one week to qualify for top25. Best 25 people are split into 5 groups for semi-finals and finals, racing for victory.

By the way, I have set a flying 49.653s lap, and other 4 laps under 50s, this morning. Extra weight did not stop me from being fast. I admit the kart was great, once again. Very good setup, balanced brakes, good steering. It should be this good all the time as they have 3 specially set karts for the best 100, that are pretty much equally good and are set the same way.

1 Like

Well alrighty. This sounds very cool. Wish I could play too.

Congrats on 49!

So currently you are 15th amateur?

You know, it occurs to me that you are able to race on multiple levels here. You can race your racing transport! Win.

1 Like

Yes, actually I was 15th from the first cut. Now, after morning 49.6s and being first up until ~4pm, now I am 10th, people are quick at nightime lol. This time should be more than enough for top50 although for top25 I should get my time down to about 49.0s. That is where your advices come in very handy :grin:

1 Like

Nice. I hope you make it to finals. Post results etc.

Killing it! Nice work. The rate you’re improving you’ll be out the front of the pack in no time!

@Bimodal_Rocket Next track day I’m hoping to race an old '69 Valiant with a slant 6. Again, a car that probably doesn’t have any right to be on track :stuck_out_tongue:

@Bobby That sounds fun. Where do you track your cars?
Here’s some lunacy from NZ. This should catch on and spread, imho. 71 does a heck of a drive too from last to 2nd.

1 Like

The two tracks that we use locally at Lakeside International Raceway and Queensland Raceway Sprint track. Next year we’ll be going to Lakeside. The company that does the local rental championship has two go kart drift tracks. They are multi level indoor tracks with plastic for the track itself. Check it out: https://youtu.be/0e2Gklc2ZEE

I hereby declare that all karting facilities need to have the track periphery illuminated with colored lights. Also tunnels.

Slideways indeed. Is the plastic floor grippy? It didn’t seem that slippery.

Am I looking at lakeside correct? I see a big track that appears to be the main deal and a smaller sprint track. The big track seems pretty fast with huge straights and big long turns. Is the sprint track also a car track? I assume so because I see a skid plate thing.

This kart? track near the other one appears cool. Willowbank. There sure are a lot of tracks in Australia.

The plastic has some grip, but even a rental will easily spin the back wheels. I would say that it would be relatively close to dirt racing in that sense.
In terms of the car tracks, this is Lakeside

And this is Qld Raceway Sprint track
Qld is overall the faster track as the turns require a lot less slowing down and you can get a good run onto the main straight from the last corner. Lakeside has a longer straight if you can line up the kink correctly and take it flat out, but the corners have a lot of elevation changes and no run off, so, have to be taken with a bit more caution.

Willowbank is the racing facility that houses Qld Raceway. There is a kart track for the Ipswich kart club, a dirt track for rally, a skid pan, Qld Raceway and a 1/4 mile.

Just an update. Already down to P14, in 2 days time lol. People are crazy. I will prepare the footage for tomorrow to analize it myself and whoever can watch the fastest lap at least, help, I fell this won’t be fast enough :smile:

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Do you know how many more people are yet to run? You are still firmly in the top 25. Fingers crossed. When is the deadline for posting a lap?

By the way, Bobby, that track looks pretty damn good. If you need any help or whatever, I could help. Everyone helped me so much here and if I can do the same or at least give an idea about something, I am happy to do so

1 Like

Well there are at least 5-8 people, that already had faster laps in earlier cut, that have done the same thing again. There are some people who did like 50.4, 50.7 and now they did like 49.2. The deadline is 24.09, in about 12 days.

@Stacker so you ran 49.6 yesterday, correct? What do you mean by deadline of 24.09 in x days? We shall certainly try to assist!

What is the current low and high times?

What is your hope for this? What are you hoping to place?

Dom, the deadline on 24/9 is the last day to post a qualifying lap.

@Stacker thank you for your offer. Next weekend I have a practice session Friday, karting academy/driver training Saturday and a race Sunday. I will be posting all the videos I can of all these sessions to my thread. I’ve started a YouTube channel to post it call. I may even voiceover the videos to give my thoughts.