Help with Pavesi Engine

So I picked up a shifter kart for a crazy price, I want to get it running for the spring but have no idea where to start. Seems It was put away, fluids all drained, pulled the plug and piston moves freely (I can see some numbers on the top of it) carb was clean. I’m a 4 stroke guy so this is all new to me. What and how much oil for the gear box? Where can I get more info on this engine.
Thanks

1 Like

Call Bill Wolters 734-697-6971 - he used to sell them. If he doesn’t have an answer, see whether the fill hole is about 1/3 of the way up the case and fill it to there if it is.

1 Like

Franklin Motorsports in Wisconsin might be able to help too. I believe they dealt with Pavesi stuff back in the day.

There are two fills use a 30 weight moto gearbox lub an should be glass fill sights at back an side, if you over fill trans it will blow it out not on clutch side tho. That should help

2 Likes

Yes I see the plastic fill site in the back. I will try and find more info on this motor

First thing will be be fresh gas and fluids. I recommend VP C12 for fuel and Motul 2T for oil mixed at 24 to 1. Transmission oil Motul transoil, not sure what the fill capacity is but I’m sure you can find it on Google somewhere.

Would also strongly advise giving the brakes a good service as well with fresh fluid and bleeding. That should hopefully get you up and running.

Those were strong engines back in the day. Good luck, have fun!

1 Like

This might be the homologation document for it:

https://forums.kartpulse.com/uploads/short-url/hrh74OjAcmMjYFfQYj4Jj0aO52E.pdf

That’s a newer motor, mine has a square head on it

Thanks

1 Like

That is a very old pavesi it is the first design because of the square head

2 Likes

Can anyone post a pic of the trans oil I should use, any other suggestions other than motul?
Thanks