Holiday Shirt\Merch Giveaway! Vote for a chance to win free merch!

I voted for that one because I thought it would literally say:

[GO-KART NOISES]

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking of too.

2 Likes

We have in the past done promotions of kartpulse stuff. Crickets. What people say theyā€™ll do and what theyā€™ll actually do are and lets be honest, the logo needs work. The aesthetic is pretty poor. Alanā€™s stuff looks great. If we end up with a better aesthetic at some point then maybe. Iā€™ve considered nuking the google ads and replacing them with ā€œhouseā€ one, but itā€™s hard to justify the timeā€¦ Might be an opportunity there for someone whoā€™d like to help because it is something I would love to see happen.

Like I said, Iā€™m OK with it and weā€™ll have some stuff in the store still in case anyone buying one of the designs above wants to nab some KP stuff

Hmm. I dont think the logo is bad. I wonder if maybe doing one or two pushes a year. Maybe banner type thing for link to products? Always there?

Could even have special things made for certain events. Kp at the Rock etc.

1 Like

Holiday Idea:

Santa brings go-kart to good boys and girls

Brings rollerblades to the sinners.

Closed at EXACTLY 100 voters! Now to find a designerā€¦

I think some KP racing gloves from Nick would sell.

Iā€™ll buy a pair or 6. Not to totally derail you or anything.

(Nik not Nick)

1 Like

Who could I go to in order to have them made?

That, I have no clueā€¦ but Iā€™d imagine @NikG knows since he makes them.

Sorry to derail. The thought was more that I bet that we could do stuff like that as well and that folks here might be interested.

Say Nick designs some gloves we like. We order a bunch for ourselves as a test market.

I have literally gone through 3 sets of gloves this year and they are cheap, fun and absolutely a part of our karting life.

Also, minus 270 ainā€™t what it was imho,

Put me down for 2 sets pre order if necessary.

Iā€™d buy 4 sets for scum.

Now the question is how to make it worth it. At what scale does this become something we can sell?

Thrasher Magazine made HUGE amounts of money off the evergreen biz of their logo (which we were constantly fucking with (thus all my graphic design nonsense) on Merch (hoodies were big).

Think about it, part of why these sold is that skaters actually wore the hoodies and beanies, they were basically a part of the uniform, anyways, so why the fuck not?

So for us, tshirts are ok but what I want is lifestyle stuff I want to spend money on like special edition shoes/gloves etc.

Maybe Iā€™m just a weirdo since Iā€™m a rental guy YouTuber that runs around in tight yellow disco pants. I donā€™t have to buy tires.

1 Like

Although I tend to be cheap, I do agree with this. I really donā€™t need another t-shirt (maybe a bucket hat), but something like gloves that I can use while karting has usability. I would also put a vote in for a helmet balaclava.

1 Like

Now thatā€™s a reason for me to get a balaclava. Way more useful to me than a shirt.

Yep I could get them made. Just let me know what you want.

Once I get my iPad I can start messing around with designs in illustrator.

1 Like

I have no idea, ask Dom LOL. Iā€™ll have one or two of what heā€™s having.

Thatā€™s a great insight, appreciate that.

Yeah my intent isnā€™t to throw nik under a busā€¦ it was simply to say that between him, me, Clayton, and TJs undoubtedly significant experience with vendors etcā€¦ we could probably figure it outā€¦

I could design gloves which Clayton could make better and Nik could manufacture. (Or whatever).

We could sell them if they appear to be popular with existing readers. We are our test market?

Unfortunately, We are the entire market.

1 Like